Part 13 - Back or Forth

-
Andi
-

Not being able to fall back asleep was the only thing that allowed me to open my eyes this morning

Not being able to fall back asleep was the only thing that allowed me to open my eyes this morning. I sigh deeply, just frustrated with life right about now. I throw on Abel's t-shirt that he was wearing last night and go down stairs to get my purse.

I don't regret what happened last night at all, I set intentions on what I wanted and I got it. Was it a low moment, of course. All the shit that I found out this week, I deserve to act upon a low moment.

I'm not going to lie, I do miss this house sometimes. We shared some good memories and we shared some bad memories, but it's still our story. The kitchen is where he threw that glass of water in my face but it was also a place where I tried to teach him how to cook, which he amusingly failed at almost every single time. His son got the hang of cooking faster and better than he did.

I pick my purse off the floor of the foyer and check my phone and see that it's 9:55 in the morning. Shit! I have to be at Bri's fitting by 11. Abel and I never officially moved out of each other's homes so I know I have other clothes in his closet. I skip the steps going up to the bedroom, though quietly entering the room so I won't wake up Abel. I go to the bathroom to wash my makeup off before heading to the closet to get some clothes. When I get inside the closet its like a small bomb went off, an entire drawers worth of stuff is all over the floor.

"Why the fuck would you make a mess and not clean it up?" I say to myself. I bend down to put all the stuff in the drawers, I freeze when I come across what seems to be a letter with my name on it. I sit down on the floor and cross my legs before opening it and reading.

Andi,

I'm sorry for all the shit I've ever put you through. That's not who I really am and we both know that, and I'm trying. You may not see it but I'm really trying, it's just that sometimes I do these things that aren't necessarily bad but the reaction... does something or triggers something inside of me that makes me relapse every time. Before you met me, I had been clean for a year, then something happened. I can't really explain it cause it's not an excuse but I also can't remember what or why it triggered me so bad. But I'm getting better. I just need you to be patient with me.

No matter what you do or say to me I'll always love you and that scares me sometimes but I've been trying to open myself back up to it again so we can't be like how we were in the beginning. I'm so fucked up right now, but I promise you I'm gonna get better.

I take the picture of the note, not really knowing how to react after reading something like that. He's never really said things like this to me before and when he has, he never met up with his side of the bargain. I don't even know when this letter was written, if he meant to give it to me, or what.

I fold it back up and put it in the drawer and while I'm putting the rest of the things back in the drawer I see this black velvet box. I freeze when I see it because there's no way this can be what I think it is. I open the box and it's this beautiful ring inside.