Part 6 - Just The Beginning

-
Andi
-

"Oh, mother!" I announce my presence in the family home with Ditri by my side

"Aw, my babies!" My mother comes rushing in shortly with a smile on her face and her arms spreading wide.

"Grandmommy!" Ditri cheers his little dimple showing. My mom picks him up and then looks to me.

"Where's Abel? Is he not coming?" My mom asks looking out the window facing the driveway

"Where's Abel? Is he not coming?" My mom asks looking out the window facing the driveway. Her and Abel got really close since he's been back and I love it, if only he can be this close to my dad and Aaron.

"No, he was too tired so I brought the kids with me." I smile giving my mom a hug when I see Bri walk by drinking water with a bowl of fruit in her hands and but bothering to speak to anyone.

"Hello to you too, Bri, damn." I say but she just waves me off. I look at Mom and as if she can read my mind and answers my unspoken question.

"Her and French aren't getting along right now, sweetie. You know how she gets when she's not in the mood." My mom shakes her head and lays her eyes on Kehlani who's asleep in her carrier.

"Aw, you brought the little one. She's so precious when she sleeps." My mom gushes and touches a small curl sticking out from her hat. "Her hair is growing too!"

"I know," I smile looking down at Kehlani before sighing.

We finally get settled in the middle of the living room with Kehlani asleep nearby and Ditri watching some show on PBS Kids eating a bowl of apples.

"Well, mom that's what I came over for. Was to talk to you... about some stuff."

"Okay, about what?" My mom questions taking a piece of pineapple from Bri's bowl.

"So, I mean, you know how I'm still upset over Abel for dropping Ricõ and Droopy's name to the cops, right?" I say.

"Which I don't know why," Bri says, popping a green grape in her mouth. "Shit, if someone ran over me, I'd call the cops too."