Part 4: Calm Before the Storm

-
Andi
-

When I wake up in the morning and rub the crust out of my eyes and get out of bed

When I wake up in the morning and rub the crust out of my eyes and get out of bed. I notice that I only slept through the night because Kehlani had her first night of sleeping through the night. I go into her room to check up on her but she's not even there. I already know Abel has to have her. Another thing that I noticed is that Abel either, didn't make it home last night or he slept out on the couch and didn't bother getting in the bed.

"Good morning." I jump at Abel's voice and turn around to see him in s black t-shirt and grey sweatshorts. "I thought we could both use the sleep so I gave Lani to our parents."

"So we both slept in?" I question before I remember Kehlani's vaccine appointment is today. "That means we missed Kehlani's vaccine appointment today!"

"Don't worry about it your dad took her earlier this morning." Abel dismisses me nonchalantly before turning away to go to the kitchen. "And they won't be back anytime soon. Everyone went out to the park today, so it's just you and me." I follow Abel upstairs into the kitchen where he pulls a plate from the microwave.

"Your mom made breakfast for you before she left it should still be warm, you woke up not too long after she brought it over." I take the plate of my moms usual grits, sausage, and pancakes and sit at the kitchen counter.

"Maybe we can finally get you out of the house since you've only left about three or four times." Abel comments before handing me a fork and a bottle of syrup. "And that was only when I was in the hospital or needed you to drive me somewhere."

"No, I'm good." I shake my head while cutting up my pancakes in smaller pieces.

"Really? You really don't feel like leaving the house?" Abel questions taking a seat right next to me at the counter.

I shake my head in response and reach for the bottle of syrup but Abel grabs it before I can. "Not even the gym?" Abel's asked with his eyebrows raised and curved.

"What about the gym," I respond offended with my jaw dropping. "Are you telling me I'm fat?"

Abel rolls his eyes before objecting. "No! I'm just saying, you told me you wanted to go. Well no one is gonna be here all day, so you can go to gym and not have to worry about anything."

"Okay and what if there's an emergency and they have to come back to the house-"

"That's not gonna happen, they know what to do and what not to do. So when you're done get dressed cause I already have the day planned for you."

-