Part 7 - Low Key Filler

-
Andi
-

"Aw, my old room," I say lowly when I turn my light on and close the door behind Abel

"Aw, my old room," I say lowly when I turn my light on and close the door behind Abel. I flop on the bed and rest my head on my folded arms, kicking my shoes off at the edge of the bed. "Sometimes I just wanna lock myself in here for a couple of days."

"You gone be hungover." Abel says as he unties his shoes and smiles at me.

"You seem to have forgotten how much liquor I can hold then." I smiles back at him and effortlessly throw my hair in a bun, Abel tells me he's going to check on the kids before quietly shutting the door behind him. I get up to go to laundry knowing I can slip into one of my dad's old t-shirts, I slip into his old Dallas Cowboy shirt that's so old some of blue lettering is starting to peel, I straighten the shirt to my liking before making my way to my room.

I crawl under the covers feeling the coolness of the sheets instantly relaxing me. Shortly after, I feel Abel climb in after me and immediately pull me towards him, I turn on my side and lay my head on his chest.

"What, you're actually allowing me to lay with you like this?" Abel questions in a joking manner.

I roll my eyes and smile. "Just enjoy the moment." I say as he lands kisses in my hair and wraps his arms around me, almost like he's securing me, but making me feel good.

A few minutes pass by of silence before Abel talks again. "Why you won't give me another chance?"

"I can't afford it mentally," I answer honestly with my eyes still closed but I can feel Abel staring down at me. "If I could I would, I just don't think we're right for each other to try again right now. We're opposite, but too opposite."

"Mhm," Is all I hear before we both fall asleep in each other's arms.

When I wake up, I wake to the smell of sweet pancakes. Abel isn't in the bed with me so I assume he already made his presence known. When I finally get up out of bed, I wash my face and brush my teeth. I make it downstairs to the kitchen where I see Abel feeding Ditri while holding Kehlani at the same time.

"Oh, good you're up." Abel says once he notices me. "My flight time changed, so I have to leave tonight at six. And Lani is hungry by the way and she won't take the bottle." I walk over to take Kehlani in my arms and sit in the chair next to Ditri and start to breastfeed Kehlani.

"So then when are you coming back?" I ask, rubbing Kehlani's back.

"I should be back by Monday, but I'll be back before the tour so I can say good bye to you and the kids. Is there anything you need me to do while I'm gone?"

I shake my head no in response as my Dad comes down the stairs with my mom behind him.

"Morning Mom," I smile when she bends down to hug me and then my dad follows after her giving me a kiss on the cheek. Mom give Abel a hug too but my dad just pats him on the shoulder, which is a huge progression forward in this house. "Is Dante still opening for you as you told me before?" I ask, scratching my nose.