Part 16 (unedited)

-
Abel
-
I roll on my back checking my phone screen for the time, 8:15 A.M. I blow a raspberry and toss my phone to the side. I let my mind race of a million things as I stare at the mirrored ceiling fan spinning it's way around.

How the hell am I going to raise two kids on tour?

Why did I book a tour so close to Andi's due date?

What the fuck is even wrong with her?

What the fuck are we even doing? This again?

Should I tell her about Snows miscarriage?

WHO HAS A MISCARRIAGE AND DOESN'T TELL THE DAD!

How could she not tell me?

That could've been my third child...

I force myself out of bed feeling the coolness of the house and carpet underneath my feet. I make my way to Ditri and Andi's room to make sure they're both asleep, I go to Kehlani's room to turn off the baby monitor since I know she's awake by now.

"All right baby girl let's change this diaper." I kiss her on her cheek before starting the day. I was looking for a video on YouTube to distract Kehlani from making a big fuss and waking up the whole house when I saw a thumbnail of Snow's most recent video be the first thing I see. I don't know why but I tap on it and the sound of her voice instantly just brings this pain inside of my chest, I feel my throat clench and the rim of my eyes start to sting just as water falls out of my eyes.

I clear my throat and exit out of the video so I can wipe my face. "Nope, not today." I shake my head.

-

I take deep breath and just stand there in silence, my eyes dart to the wet bar area in the dining room.  I walk over to the small fridge dimly lit with blue lighting and take out one of the various bottle of vodkas and tequila Andi has stashed here. I quickly down four shots before rinsing the glass out and poured enough of an amount in cup I already had filled with minute made fruit punch.

After putting the bottle back I finally put on that video I was looking for and go right to making breakfast. Andi taught me how to make French toast once so here's hoping I remember. As going back and forth between drinking and cooking I feel those soft arms wrap around my stomach.

"What, Andi?" I chuckle kissing the top of her head.

"I just got a three episode writing gig." She reaches for my glass and raises it in the air. "So cheers to me!"

Just as she was about to take a sip I take the glass from her being careful not to spill it. "Oh no, you always drink my juice."

"What? No I don't!" She laughs.

"Yes you do, there's a whole jug in the fridge go use that. But congrats by the way, baby."

She thanks me by giving me a kiss on the cheek.

After breakfast Abdi decided to clean the kitchen before taking Ditri to his dentist appointment. I don't know what it was, but seeing her in that sweatshirt and those tights did something for me. I walked over to her with this concentrated look on her face as she tried scrubbing egg out of the pan. I placed both of my hands on the countertop on either side of her, I kiss her on the neck to get attention but she's still so focused on this damn pan.

"Able, I told you this pan is for sautéing only, any thing else is going to stick. It's a bitch to get off."  She scrubs vigorously until I take the pan out of her hand.

"Forget about the pan for a second." I snake my hand in her tights to grab her ass but she pulls my hands out.

"Oh no, sir!" She giggles. "Do you know how long it took me to put these tights in correctly? No."