Chapter 3: Let me crawl up into your mind

"And here is your 3 pancakes, with strawberry syrup topped with whip cream and a hot chocolate on the side" I say as I gave a table of a old lady and her best friend their food with as I served them with a smile.
  "Y/n it's 2 o clock" my boss shouted as he poked his head out of his office and caused me to jump. "Um ok , I don't get off till 8 tonight?" I said walking up to him with my arms crossed,not gonna lie I was kinda upset he frightened me, yelling is something that has triggered me since I was young.
"No you have to go to the school and tutor that boy, then after you come back and then work till 8" he crossed his arms. I huffed and walking to the employee lockers where I had a change of clothes so I didn't have to go and tutor Eli in a dress.
I grabbed my clothes and went to the bathrooms that where clean thanks to me, I changed into red flannel type pants and a black sweatshirt that was kinda thin but very breathable.
I took off my work tennis shoes and into black combat boots, lastly I took my hair out of the ponytail, I grabbed my school bag and walked towards the front door. "He probably won't even show up" I say leaving and my boss rolled his eyes. I opened the door of my car and got in and out the key in and turned it.
As the engine made noise and powered up I looked at the picture of me and Demetri I had near my speed gage.
He was the only person to know me, know where I came from and how what I grew from, I don't believe I can trust someone like him because he's the only one who hasn't turned or made the people I love turn away. I snapped myself out of my thoughts and gaze and pulled out and push the gas towards the school. I had only ten minutes till the time I'm supposed to meet Eli, but I fear he won't even show up.
The car was something that was left to me from my mom and is really the only thing I have left so I love it a lot.

         As I drove to the school I noticed I would have to get gas when I go back to work, but that wasn't the only thing on my mind, I was wondering if this whole thing was worth it or would It be better to walk dogs or feed old people their dinner at 4pm. I couldn't get the thought out of my head that Eli might say f it and not show up today, but before I could dawn on it any longer I was pulling into the high school parking lot and into my student parking spot.

        I turned off my car and looked in my mirror I looked decent enough it not like I needed to impress this piss punk I need to pass and that's what mattered. I opened my car door and slung my bag over my shoulder and hoped out of my family passed down car and closed the door and locked it. As I walked away I put my keys in my bag and speed walk towards the library. 8i could feel my heart racing and I don't know why, probably because I was so nervous that in order for me to graduate I needed to get this boy who didn't seem to care, to pass, what would happen if I didn't, would I be able to get the hell out of my situation before it was to late.

     I walked into the school library head down I knew it wouldn't be hard to see Eli with the half inch tall red spikes coming out the top off his head. As the loud door closed behind me I huffed and decided to look up and I felt relief rush over my body as I saw the flaming red vibrant hair siting in the back corner table. I walked over and placed my bag on the table he looked up at me but said nothing even when I sat down, still no words just glares. " let me guess you chose this back space so no one would see you" I say getting my econ book out of my bag. "no I did because I thought it be easier to focus." he said with no emotion in his voice, was he making fun of me or being serious.

  "ok anyways lets start preparing for the upcoming test this Wednesday, can you tell me what we have been talking about" as I looked up from my book I was met with him leaning back in his chair on his phone, I knew this wouldn't be easy.

    I huffed and grabbed his phone and in one swift move and put it in my back pocket. "Hey" he said, "Hey your the one who sat us back here to and I quote focus." I crossed my arm. "I was focused, on my phone now give me it back". I scooted over as he leaned towards me. "No , ok I don't wanna be here anymore then you do but that doesn't mean you can sit here and just text your girlfriend Moon the whole time, both of us need this." I said angerly, and as my mood changed to rage he went soft but still with emotion but the emotion shifted as he now stoped looking at me but was looking at the floor. "We aren't together anymore, we haven't been,and we aren't getting back together she moved on awhile ago, with a girl." he said grabing his book bag I could see the pain in his eyes.