Yule Ball {chapter 25}

Yule Ball!!

Fred for once was angry at Nova. Yes, most of his anger was fueled by the fact that Adrian had bought her a yule ball dress. But it was also fueled by the way she always retreated back into her shell when he might be getting somewhere.

Fred decided since Nova was going to go to the ball with Adrian and play the jealous card so would he.

"Hey Ang!" Fred came up to a table in the library where George, Lee Jordan, Katie Bell, and Angelina were sitting together.

Angelina looked up at Fred stopping her conversation with the group about quidditch.

"What's up Fred?" Fred was towering over her and he decided not to sit down.

"Do you have a date for the Yule Ball?" Angelina looked at him like he was crazy after asking her this.

"No. Why?" Fred could see all the skepticism swimming in her eyes.

"Because I need a date and I'm asking you," Fred stated clearly for her.

"No" Angelina went back to facing their friends.

"No? Why no?" Fred was dumbfounded for a second.

"Because I'm not getting into you and Black's drama also I know that all you're trying to do is make her jealous so I'm not doing that" Angelina rolled her eyes at him. While Fred scoffed for a second at her statement.

"I'm not trying to do anything. I'm asking my friend to the ball but fine I'll ask someone else." Fred turned to Katie now.

Before he could even ask the question she answered "No way".

"I'll go to the ball with you Freddie. I don't know how I'll look in a dress though. But I bet I can rock anything" Lee batted his eyes at Fred.

"Shove off you wanker" Fred signaled for George to move down so he could sit.

"Well fine I'll go with Georgie then" Lee flipped Fred off.

"Actually I have a date Lee sorry mate" George shrugged with a small smile.

Fred sat down across from Angelina putting his arms on the table.

"Come on Ang" Fred was giving her fake puppy dog eyes.

"No. We are all going as a group of friends together" Angelina eyed the entire group before settling back on Fred. "And that's it".

"Fine, I guess that works with me" Fred leaned back in his chair.

"Is she still mad at you?" George looked at his twin eyeing the hint of sadness mixed with anger in his eyes.

"She's Nova of course she is" Fred's voice sounded defeated as if his body was telling him to give up on her. But his mind was running a million miles a minute with ways he could get her back.

______

Nova was sitting on the ledge leaning against a pillar in the astronomy tower looking out at the forbidden forest. Really she was supposed to be in potions class right now but she didn't want to have another heated argument with Fred. So she came up here instead.

The days were passing fast for her. Too fast everything was catching up to her. And she didn't like it.

Nova didn't notice the figure that had walked up the stairs and stopped at the top looking at her. She was too lost in her thoughts. It wasn't until he was pulling himself up to sit across from her leaning on the opposite pillar that she saw him.