Heart two. Mind zero {chapter 27}

Heart two. Mind zero!!

Nova strayed away from Ace and Fred, both boys that were making her life complicated. She stayed hanging around Cedric and Ember or alone.

At times when she was alone, she thought about the fact that her life may be easier if she just ran away from this world. Sure she would keep her magic and the knowledge she has obtained and run off somewhere.

But she could never do that to Remus; he would be crushed if she just up and left and maybe her friends would be the same way.

Sometimes when she was trying to sit alone in the library or somewhere Adrian would just show up and invite himself to hang with her. She didn't mind his company. He still seemed a little fake but that feeling was going away the more she hung out with him.

Today Nova was dragged out of her hiding to be in the library. She was sitting at a table in the back with Cedric and Ember. Ace however wasn't with them they still hadn't decided what to do about that whole thing. But they did decide they should talk about it together.

No one had said anything yet though. Nova had a potions book on the table opened and reading. She had been missing a lot of potions classes because she was avoiding Fred. She was way behind.

Cedric was sitting next to Nova with the golden egg he had caught in the first task in his hands. He kept turning it over and over again looking for a clue on it. He opened it once but the screeching sound was horrible and he got threats from Nova and Ember to not do that again.

Ember was sitting across from them drawing in a notebook. She wasn't one for studying unless it was absolutely necessary. So instead she opted for having ink and a quill and drawing a mere person from a magical creature textbook she had grabbed to act like she was studying.

"So is anyone going to talk first or do I have to," Cedric said putting down the egg on the table and looking between Nova and Ember.

"You just did talk first. Conversation over" Nova mumbled not looking up from the textbook that was in her hands.

"No seriously Mars what are we going to do?" Ember said stopping her quill and looking at Nova while Cedric was also still staring at her.

Nova didn't like them staring at her, and she really didn't want to talk about Ace. But they clearly had stuff on their minds about it so she sighed and set down her textbook.

"What do you guys have to say?" Nova leaned back and crossed her arms over her chest while eyeing her two best friends to see who would speak up first.

"I miss him" mumbled Ember as she played with the feather on her quill.

"Yeah he was our best mate," Cedric said eyeing Ember curiously at the sound of her voice when talking about Ace.

"And?" Nova encouraged them to go on. Or at least elaborate on what they were trying to get at.

"And what are we going to do about it? You haven't really been specific about it Mars" Cedric said facing his whole body to Nova now.

"I don't see the point of doing anything," Nova said side glancing at Cedric not really acknowledging him fully.

"Mars come on this isn't something you can lock away he's our best friend-" Ember leaned into Nova.

"And he slept with a girl who terrorized me about my dad for years. So what do you saint Zahn think about how I should be handling this?" Nova said finally sitting up and uncrossing her arms.

"I think it's not like he is in love with the girl. They shagged and that's it. I think we should get over it" Ember said putting her hands flat on the table.