Snakes {chapter 8}

Snakes!?!

When Nova rounded the corner she was face to face with pug face number one Layla Parkinson and her three nasty friends right behind her. Nova rolled her eyes and went to go walk past Layla and her goon squad trying to avoid her at all cost but then she heard Layla's scratchy voice from behind her.

    "Hey crazy no snide remarks this time around?" Layla said with a satisfying smirk placed on her lips obviously proud of her statement she had come up with.

    "What did you just call me pug face?" Nova said slowly, turning around to face the unpleasant sight of Layla.

    "Oh, you mean Crazy what I think it suits you best you know just like your daddy" Layla spat at Nova.

    "Don't ever call me that again or talk about my father" Nova said narrowing her eyes at the girl "Or I swear next time I won't be so cool and collected about it pug face!" Nova said with warning etched in her voice.

    "Oh is that threat," Layla said stepping closer to Nova "Living right up to your family name aren't you Black or should I say....Crazy" Layla said itching to get a reaction out of Nova.

    Nova stepped closer to the girl ready to go through with her threat that she had just told Layla. When suddenly a loud pop erupted in the hall sounding like it was coming right above their heads. Nova covered her ears from the blast and put her head down in case something might hit her. But when she looked up she saw Layla and the rest of her goon squad all had bright pink hair.

    Before Nova could react with a snide remark at Layla's new look her arm was yanked and she was dragged down the hall. She couldn't see who grabbed her because they were running so fast but she could've sworn she saw a glimpse of bright red hair. She was fed up with running so she came to an abrupt stop yanking her arm from the hold the person who grabbed her arm had.

"What the bloody hell" Nova spat, rubbing her arm where the person's hand had just been.

    "Oh maybe sound a little more grateful Black I did just save your bloody arse back there," Fred said, turning to face a very pissed off Nova.

    "I didn't need your help Weasel" Nova spat at him crossing her arms preparing to turn and walk away.

    "Really? Because it looked like Layla and her ugly trio were all about to jump your arse right then and there" Fred said, stepping in front of the girl to stop her from walking away from him.

    "I can take care of myself Weasel, I don't need your help" Nova tossed at him "How long were you even standing near us anyways?" Nova said locking eyes with Fred.

    "Long enough," Fred said, finding himself looking into those dark brown eyes again.

    "Whatever goodbye Weasel," Nova said ready to leave but he grabbed her arm.

    "Now wait, shouldn't a noble savior get a reward for saving a fair Madan," Fred said with a mischievous smirk and patting the side on his face with his index finger.

    Nova reached up her feet a little to give him a kiss on the cheek but as her lips were about to connect with his cheek. She moved them brushing them against his cheek unintentionally and whispered something in his ear instead.

    "In your dreams, Weasel" Nova said with a smirk as she walked away from Fred.

    "You have got to stop doing that!" Fred groaned and shouted at her as she walked down the corridor.

    "Oh but it's so fun to do," Nova said with a wink turning around and walking completely out of sight from Fred.

Fred groaned loudly in the empty corridor as he watched Nova walk all the way out of sight from him. He knew getting caught up in the drama of Nova Black was a bad idea but he couldn't stay away now; he was already drawn by that girl's mischievous glint in her eyes.

Please don't forget to vote! :)