Promises {chapter 18}

Promises!!

Nova walked into the great hall for dinner. She had a pounding headache. And she had spent the time once she walked away from Fred hiding in her dorm away from everyone.

    She was utterly embarrassed about her boggart in class and the love potion. When she sat down at the table Ace quickly jumped up and was right by her side.

    "Oh my god. What in Great Merlin's name happened to you? And why were you snogging Warrington at lunch?" Ace had a hand on her shoulder while she had her head in her hands. She didn't want to look at his pitiful eyes when she said what she said next.

    "Love Potion" Nova mumbled loud enough for him to hear bit no one else.

    In one swift move, Nova no longer had her head in her hands. Instead, she was wiped to the side to be facing right in front of Ace. He had both his hands on either side of her face with his face swirling with anger and worry.

    "Who. Did. it?" Ace said slowly trying to control his anger. He looked like he needed to punch something or someone but his hands were gentle on either side of her face.

    "Do you really need me to answer that question" Nova whispered to him. She didn't trust her voice to rise thinking it might crack. And she was not on to show weakness.

    A low and angry growl escaped Ace's lips "Warrington"

    "Warrington" She whispered conforming to him.

    "He. Is. Dead!" Ace was angry. He and Cedric always did everything to protect Nova from people like Layla and Warrington. He probably had thoughts of blaming himself for the reason this all happened.

    "No please don't do anything. And please I beg you, Ace. And I don't beg. Do not tell Cedric.'' Nova had both her hands covering Ace's now. His were still both on the sides of her face.

    "No. I won't. I won't do that. I won't keep this from him. Mars. The guy forcefully gave you a love potion. Cedric and Ember both need to know. And then Cedric and I will kill him" Ace let go of her face and whispered his sentence angrily even in the last words of his statement it wasn't playful it was anger.

    "No. Only you and Fred know and that's it. No one else. Let everyone think I snogged Warrington. I don't care. Please Ace" Nova had her eyes closed. Half begging him and half hoping that he didn't catch the word Fred fall from her lips.

    There was a long pause of Ace contemplating what to say. He could tell her he promised but he knew he would break that promise to her.

Everyone was chattering around the. It was filling Nova's ears as she dreaded Ace's answer. She knew he wouldn't keep this a secret. That's was just one thing she worried about-

"I can't do that Mars," Ace whispered. Interrupting her thoughts.

"Of course you can't. I'm not going to be there when you tell them" Nova let out a deep breath.

Ace pulled her head to his, giving her a kiss on the forehead. And looking into her eyes.

"I thought you were a Gryffindor love. Aren't you supposed to be brave"  Ace playfully said to lighten the mood. But all Nova did was release a shaky breath. More of anger she hated Warrington.

______

    It was later and Nova had successfully avoided Fred and her friends. She knew she couldn't avoid them forever but she could certainly try. She didn't want to answer questions and she didn't trust herself around Fred.

She was leaning against a wall in an empty corridor by herself. She did this way too often she thought.

    "So this is what you do when you leave me behind to deal with Ace and Ember" Cedric called out with a hint of playfulness.

    "Are you going to yell at me again?" Nova raised an eyebrow at him. Ignoring his attempt at a playful manner

    "No beautiful I'm not" Cedric sighed and sat next to her on the ground.

    "Good" She breathed a sigh. "So I'm going to take a hunch right now and say Ace told you" Nova stated more than asked Cedric.

    "Yes he did, and you can expect Warrington to be in a hole by tonight" Cedric flashed a smile at her.

    "No you won't" Nova was looking at her hands instead of Cedric.

    He grabbed her chin gently making her look right into his eyes and holding her there so she couldn't look away.

    "And why would I not do that?" Cedric asked her sternly.

    "Because I don't want you too" She whispered. She felt weak at this moment but at least she was sitting next to Cedric and not a certain red-head.

    "Fine but I get one punch and so does Ace," Cedric said with a smirk.

    "No," Nova said sternly now.

    "Ugh you are impossible Mars," Cedric said with a small smile. He was trying so hard to turn this conversation playful. He had long forgiven her for the courtyard fight.

    "I think the exact words were 'stuck up bitch'" she quoted in her best Cedric voice.

    "Oh shut up you called me a git and a bloody idiot multiple times" Cedric pushed her away playfully.

    "Two names you well deserved" She smirked back at him a gentle almost genuine smile gracing her lips.

    Nova breathed a sigh all playfulness gone, side glancing at Cedric "You know I just care about you right?"

    "I know love, I shouldn't have been so... well so... a bloody idiot about things" He looked right at her.

    "I hate this coming out of my mouth... but I'm scared" Nova closed her eyes as if it pained her to say those two words.

    "Can I tell you something?" Cedric moved closer to her holding his arm out gesturing for her to come in for a hug. She lifted off the wall for him to put his arm around her and hold her.

    "I'm scared too" He whispered to her.

    "Ced I don't want to lose you" Nova had her head rested on his chest. He had his head bowed down on top of her forehead pressing small kisses.

    "I promise you that you won't lose me" Cedric whispered into her hair.

    "You know you can't promise that" Nova's voice was laced with sadness. She honestly thought she wouldn't be able to get that sentence without her voice cracking.

    "But I can sure do everything in my power to make sure I don't break it" Cedric hugged her tighter not wanting to let her go. Ever. All he could think about is, Great Merlin how he loved this girl and she'll never know.

*Hello loves,

I'm here to tell you that don't be discouraged. Spicy parts with Fred and Nova will be coming real real soon. Just stick around loves 😉.

Enjoy reading. I know this chapter was kinda sappy but it showed you Ace and Cedric's soft sides.*