Never {chapter 10}

Never!!

A week or so went by and Fred's words and how close he was to Nova was stuck in her mind on a constant loop. Like a vinyl record on repeat playing over and over every time she found her brain unoccupied for even a second.

    Nova ignored every feeble attempt Fred made to talk to her all week or so. She knew Fred's reputation and he was only a prankster trying to pull tricks. And that's exactly what he was trying to do with her and she wouldn't let him anywhere close.

    Nova walked into the great hall after her first few classes to go to lunch. She sat down next to Ace while Cedric sat across from them at the Gryffindor table.

    Ember came stomping into the great hall seeming as she was oozing with anger as she sat next to Cedric.

    "Woah, what's got you all huffy and puffy Em?" Ace said looking at her confused.

"I hate guys! Can't there be ONE decent guy around here that just wants to have no strings attached! God, they are all like little girls." Ember said. While Nova tried to hold back her laughter.

"Aw now Em if you wanted some fun you could have just asked me," Ace said leaning a little on the table and peering in Ember's eyes with a smirk.

"In your dreams, Ace" Ember said leaning in a little peering right back challenging him almost.

"Oh, every night love" Ace said winking at Ember.

"Your disgusting" Ember scoffed.

"Only for you, beautiful" Ace said biting his lip and looking Ember up and down.

Nova burst out laughing at the two and Cedric followed right after her.

"Hey, Ced if you wanted fun you could have just asked, me" Nova said, imitating Ace's deep smooth voice poorly.

"In your dreams Mars" Cedric retorted back in an impersonation of Ember's voice while twirling a fake strand of hair.

"Can you guys take your gross snog flirting somewhere else some of us are trying to eat food!" Cedric said looking back and forth between Ace and Ember.

"Hey, I can't help it mate when I see a girl in need. I just have to help her, that's just who I am" Ace said winking at Ember.

"I'd rather snog Warrington than you ever Ace" Ember rolled her eyes.

"Ouch, now that hurt love" Ace said, grabbing at his heart dramatically.

"Oh my god I'm leaving I can't listen to this anymore," Nova said standing up from the table.

"Where are you going?" Cedric said looking up at her his expression in his eyes almost seemingly worried.

"For a walk, I'll talk to you later guys," Nova said leaving them in the great hall while she really did go for a walk around the castle to clear her head.

Nova kept taking turns around corridors not even bothering to see where she was or going just walking. Thinking about how Remus had sent her another letter wanting to see how she was. thinking about how she was gonna stay out of trouble this year.....and lastly of her father.

Nova let out a loud sigh she didn't know she was holding while leaning against a wall in the abandoned corridor. She slid down to sit on the floor and leaning her head back while closing her eyes. She just let her thoughts and everything consume her mind at that moment.

Fred didn't know why he always found himself following Nova whenever she walked out of the great hall. But here he was following her again while she just walked seemingly lost in thoughts barely looking up from the ground. He wondered where she was going.

Fred was a little ways behind her trying not to get caught but wanting to see where she was going. Until she walked around a corner and when Fred poked his head around he saw her standing there. She let out a sigh and slid down to the floor leaning her head back and closing her eyes.

Fred watched her for what felt like seconds but actually was minutes. Looking at her face examining it. Fred saw that she had that permanent frown etched on it and even though her eyes were close Fred knew they were sad and dark like always.

Fred took a deep breath bracing himself with whatever she was gonna say to him when he stepped out of his hiding spot.

Fred stepped out of the corner and at the sound of footsteps Nova's eyes opened to see who it was. To say she was surprised to see Fred would be a lie.

"Following me Weasel?" Nova said, closing her eyes again still leaning her head back.

"Don't flatter yourself Black maybe I had a class this way" Fred said trying not to give away that he was indeed following her.

"Ha, I don't exactly know where I am but I do know it's nowhere where anyone needs to go to class" Nova retorted back keeping her eyes closed.

"And why is it that you came to an abandoned corridor to have a nice sit-down Black?" Fred asked, sinking down next to her but still watching her intently.

A sigh escaped her lips but her eyes remained closed as she answered him.

"None of your business."

"Well, I should've seen that one coming" Fred chuckled a little "But seriously I get it you want to be a whole mystery and all, but an abandoned corridor just to sit down?"

"I'm thinking, which you are interrupting by the way. There, happy now Weasel, I answered one of your questions" Nova finally opened her eyes and turned her head to Fred "Now leave me alone."

"What if I don't want to leave" Fred retorted back staring straight into her eyes.

"Fine then stay, but by all means please shut up and no questions!" Nova said looking away from Fred's eyes and setting her eyes on the wall across from the two.

"Fine but you can't keep everything to yourself, Black, you know that," Fred said still gazing at her.

"I've done it all my life and I'll continue to do it and you of all people aren't going to change me, Weasel." Nova thought she mumbled that lowly to herself but clearly, Fred heard her.

"I can certainly try," Fred said.

Fred didn't know what came over him but he longed for her to look at him again to look into her dark eyes.  He reached up his hand gently grabbing her chin and turning her head to where her eyes met his.

Nova had no clue why she didn't stop Fred when he turned her head towards him but she let him do it. Staring right into those all too familiar lately dark brown eyes. But after a moment of just looking into each other's eyes Nova finally broke the silence.

"I'd stop trying" Nova whispered while not breaking eye contact with the boy whose face was sprinkled with freckles like stars in the night sky.

"Never" Fred whispered right back. Never breaking eye contact and still having his hand on her chin which he didn't realize being too lost in her eyes.

Please don't forget to vote! :)