Probably Not {chapter 17}

*disclaimer this chapter is mostly in Fred's point of view*

Probably Not!!

Fred was sitting next to his brother George at the Gryffindor table for lunch. He was listening to his brother ramble about the products they were brainstorming for their joke shop. But Fred's mind was also wandering to Nova. He had heard about her fight with Cedric in the courtyard. Fred also heard the murmurs of a boggart in the form of Sirius Black in defense against the dark arts.

His mind was a wandering mess. It was hard to focus just on George and their conversation. He wondered maybe if he asked her about Cedric of the boggart, maybe she might finally open up to him about something.

    His eyes were sweeping up and down the Gryffindor table catching sight of Ace and Ember. But no Nova. He looked over to the Hufflepuff table to see if she was over there making amends with Cedric. But no Nova.

    Fred was getting kind of worried that maybe she was sitting in a corridor lost in her mind by herself like she always does. Fred was now looking all around the great hall but landing his eyes back on Nova's friends Ace and Ember. They had their eyes glued on something a baffled look spread across both of their faces that Fred didn't see before. He turned him to the direction that they were looking in.

    He didn't want to see it. He tried not to see it. He wanted to pull his eyes away. But they were stuck; they wouldn't move no matter how hard he tried.

    There she was. At the Slytherin table. Warrington had his arm around her waist. She was pulled against his chest. Their lips were locked together. Moving sloppily together. Warrington's hands were a wandering mess around her body. Her hands were locked around his neck pulling him closer in.

    Fred was horrified...petrified. But that all soon left and all he was filled with was confusion and anger. His head was running miles with thoughts.

    Was this her way of trying to make me jealous?

    Why Warrington?

Why would she be trying to make me jealous?

Fred finally tore his gaze away from Nova and Warrington. He was angry. Or so that's what told himself he was. But deep down he knew he wasn't only feeling anger it was hinted all over with something else. Something foreign he had never felt towards a girl before. Jealousy.

    When your brain is running at a million miles per minute questioning everything that's ever happened between you and somebody else. You start to tune everything else out and shut down.

    That's how Fred was feeling right at this moment.

    He didn't listen to George at all for the rest of lunch. He wanted to storm out of the great hall and leave her and Warrington behind. But he thought she was playing another game and only doing this to make him jealous. And he was not going to give her that satisfaction.

    When lunch was over he walked out of the great hall by himself. He couldn't stand next to George and keep pretending to listen to him when he knew he wasn't.

    The next class he had to sit in was agonizingly slow. All he was thinking was Nova and the "anger" bubbling inside him. She hated Warrington, all he has ever been is a dick to her. So why would she make out with him?

She could have picked any other guy to try and make him jealous. But that's another thing he couldn't stop thinking about. Why would she be trying to make me jealous?

    After class, he was lost in thought in the hall still running those same questions over and over again. He didn't even see the person he bumped into.