Tri-Wizard Announcement {chapter 3}

*disclaimer I know the Triwizard tournament doesn't really fit with the group being in 6th year but Cedric will still be in the Triwizard tournament.*

Nova, Ace, and Ember were all sitting around the Gryffindor table in the great hall waiting for the sorting ceremony, and professor dumbledore's speech to be done so they could eat. She was glancing around the great hall to see all the people that came to Hogwarts this year. Of course, she catches eyes with Warrington, a Slytherin boy on the quidditch team. He winked at her and she rolled her eyes and scoffed looking away.

When she was scanning the Gryffindor table she caught eyes again but this time it was one of the Weasley twins again. He looked at her with a tiny smile and tilting his head keeping eye contact for a minute. Before she looked away also rolling her eyes at him. She wasn't too fond of the boys at Hogwarts and didn't care for them much. Neither did Ember, she was more of a snog once and ditch type just like Nova.

Dumbledore finally started his speech introducing that Hogwarts would be holding the Triwizard tournament this year. We would also have Durmstrang and the Beauxbatons school joining us in October. Once all the food appeared Nova scooped some on her plate and started eating. Until Ember interrupted her by starting a conversation.

"Guys you hear that there is gonna be a back-to-school Slytherin party in their common room tonight," Ember said wiggling her eyebrows at her best friends.

"I'm in need of a party, gosh that's one thing I sure miss when I go home" Ace stated while drinking out of his goblet.

"Oh please like you don't sneak into muggle parties while you're at home" Nova shot at him "And I could go for a party just not one in the Slytherin common room".

"Why Slytherins are like the best to party with. They always get the good muggle alcohol and firewhiskey Cause all their daddies are so rich" Ember said, shooting Nova a confused look.

"I don't want to go to a Slytherin one because Warrington has been shooting me winks and smirks left and right this entire time being in the great hall" Nova stated.

"Oh come on Mars-like you wouldn't want to snog him," Ace said, shooting her a wink. "I mean don't you have a thing for quidditch boys there was Roger Davis, Oliver Wood-"

"Shut it you bloody git I don't plan on snogging every quidditch captain while I'm at Hogwarts," Nova said, throwing a pea at his forehead.

"Yeah, plus she can't because Ced is the Hufflepuff one and she would never snog him Ace" Ember said laughing at her own joke.

"I hate you both," Nova said, rolling her eyes.

"Come on Mars don't you just wanna go for the alcohol, you know you like alcohol!" Ace said.

"Ugh fine only because I want some firewhisky and you better keep Warrington away from me," Nova said, shooting Ace a final glare while he smiled triumphantly.

After the three were all done eating they got up to go get ready for the party and hang out in the common room before the party started at 10. Nova glanced at Ced before she left and waved him over.

"Hey what's up Mars?" Ced said approaching her.

"There is a party tonight, Slytherin common room at 10. You're going!" Nova said leaning against the entrance to the great hall with her arms crossed.

"Why do I have to go? I'm not looking to get into trouble this year Mars" Ced stated looking down at her.

"Because if Mr. and Mrs. party all the time are dragging me, then I'm dragging you!" she said poking him in the chest.

"Fine I'll think about it," Ced said, lowering his head in defeat. He knew he could never say no to Mars.

"Great! See you there Ceddy, don't forget 10" she said walking away.

But what Nova didn't know was that a certain red-headed twin at the Gryffindor table had been watching her the entire time she was talking with Cedric. And when he saw her exit the hall he knew for sure he was going to that Slytherin party to see her again. The seemingly bitter girl he met on the train intrigued him; he didn't know how a girl so pretty could be so mysterious and cold at the same time.

Please don't forget to vote! :)