New Place {chapter 37}

New Place!?!

After Nova had stormed away from Sirius she ran into Mrs. Weasley in the hall. Nova didn't utter a word to the woman as to not say anything wrong because her emotions were starting to get mixed up and she didn't know if she was more sad or angry. She didn't know if she wanted to fall into a hole and disappear or cry. And Mrs. Weasley didn't deserve the backlash of her emotions.

But Mrs. Weasley wasn't fazed about Nova's put-off state she just smiled a sweet loving motherly smile at Nova and grabbed her arm gently while walking the two of them to the staircase.

"You must be tired dear or at least want to get settled in your room" Molly always had a mothering instinct towards everyone. And Nova was no different.

Nova couldn't say she hated Mrs. Weasley and wanted to snatch her arm away from the women. Because none of that was true. Actually, she liked the warmth that the women just gave off naturally and the care that you would immediately feel from her.

So with that Nova let the women guide her up all the way to the second floor. They passed by covered paintings and rows of hanging black candles with all the wax dripped over on them. Nova thought honestly if the house wasn't in such bad shape with all the dust. If it was how it should be the house would feel dark and scary even.

When both of the women stopped at a closed door. Mrs. Weasley turned and pulled Nova into a long and soothing hug before pulling away only to hold her shoulders while smiling at her.

"Come down for some food if you feel up for it dear. If not I'll see you bright and early in the morning" Molly squeezed her shoulders never wavering her warm smile. Turning around mumbling under her breath about cleaning something or getting on to someone.

Just for a second, Nova stared at the retreating women wondering what it could've been like to grow up with a mom like that. She made a mental note to swallow her pride one day and ask Fred and maybe admit that she was jealous. But highly unlikely.

After a minute she turned back to the door reaching her hand out to turn the doorknob walking into the door. The door creaked obviously with old age and Nova reached to the side turning a light on. The room flooded with light and what she saw inside looked just like the rest of the house dusty and old. But it looked like someone at least tried to clean up.

Nova shut the door behind her locking it with her wand. She was of age already her birthday being over the summer but she wasn't in the mood this time or anytime for a birthday celebration so she told no one.

Nova walked over to the bed standing next to it as she set her wand down on the nightstand. Looking at the bed It had a black and silver comforter spread across it.

She walked away from it to walk around the rest of the room running her fingers on the dresser and the walls before making her next stop at the closet. Opening the door with the light from the room just to see her bags sitting on the floor.

Nova picked up the backpack she brought that had all the clothes she loved to wear inside. Getting back to the bed she pulled out some pajama bottoms and an old band t-shirt with the singer queen on the front. After she was dressed she debated on climbing in the bed and trying to force herself to sleep.

At least maybe sleep would get the thoughts out of her mind. She stared at the vacant bed longly begging herself to suddenly become so tired that once she laid down her mind would shut off. But she knew that wouldn't happen.

So instead of laying down, she just reached into her backpack grabbing one last thing. Cedric's Hufflepuff sweater. She clutched it in her hand dropping her bag to the floor by her bed. Before she ventured over to the windowsill to sit and look out at the dark sky.