Confession

It was completely dark by the time you reached wherever it was where Joe was taking you. You didn't see anything special nearby. It looked like Joe had taken you to nowhere.

"Where exactly are we?" you asked Joe.

"You'll find out soon sweetheart. But before you get out of the car, I have to blindfold you."

If anyone else would have said that to you, you would have immediately said no. But it was Joe, and you don't know why but you always felt so safe when he was around.

Joe tied the blind fold on your eyes and took your hand in his. Despite not being able to see anything, you never felt more safe, holding onto his warm hand for the first time. 

You two walked for what felt like an awfully long time.

But it might have just felt like that because of how eager you were to find out what he had planned.

"Where exactly are you taking me?" You couldn't fight back your curiosity.

"It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you."

Your heart was beating rapidly from excitement and nervousness.

"Okay we're here. Just give me one more minute."

Joe untied your blindfold and what you saw must have been one of the most beautiful sight you ever witness.

There were lights everywhere, all sorts of Christmas decorations left and right, and lit up trees everywhere were filled with ornaments. The glowing lights looked so beautiful in the dark shy of that night. And as you looked up, you noticed the mistletoe that was hung above your heads.

It all looked so unreal, as if it was from a fairy tail, or a dream... it was magical.

You were so captivated by the view, you missed the cake that was placed right in front of you. You couldn't even remember the last time you cut a cake for your birthday.

"Do you like it?"

"Like it? Are you kidding me Joe? This is the best birthday surprise I ever had."

You were completely overwhelmed. You couldn't believe Joe had arranged all of this for you. He got a whole Winter Wonderland set up just for you.

"Okay now blow the candles and don't forget to make a wish."

You blew out the candles and wished for this night to never end.

"Wait we have to capture this moment." Joe had placed a camera in front and went to start the timer.

Joe fed you cake, you fed him cake, and for the last shot, he surprisingly kissed you.

With that kiss you knew.

You knew you wanted to be with this man for the rest of your life.

Joe even had music arranged. He played a soft romantic song and put his hand out as an offering. "Do you want to dance?"

You gladly took it and the two of you swayed back as he held you close. Being in his arms had to be the most peaceful place on Earth. You rested your head on his chest.

You had been on dates with many other guys, but no one stood a chance against how romantic Joe was.

You felt so complete in this moment. You listened to his heart beat as he softly kissed your forehead.

It was getting colder and cloudier so you two decided to go back. Joe took off his coat and placed it around you as your walked back to the car.

Once you reached in front of your apartments you felt your heart sink.

The best day of your life was coming to an end.

"I hope you forgave me by now." Joe said as you were still seated in the car.

"Oh I'm way past that. I forgot about that long ago." you smiled.

Joe smiled back in relief.

"So I guess I should go now." Joe said since you clearly weren't getting out of the car.

That was because you didn't want him to go. You didn't want this night to end. You wanted to invite him in but you couldn't think of a way to say it.

"You know what Joe... it's been so long since I felt this happy in my life. As you already know, I was literally on the verge of becoming homeless. And on top of that it's been so long since I talked to my family.
It's tough not being able to see them and feeling so lonely all the time.
I just wanted to say thank you.
Thank you for bringing happiness into my life. I will remember this day for as long as I live."

"I know what you feel." Joe responded. "I know what being lonely feels like. I know what losing family means.
I lost my wife and daughter in a car crash.
And then lost my son... my Beau... my soul." Joe barely got those last words out without breaking his voice.

You were both broken people in different ways. But you felt like a jerk talking about not being able to see your family for a long time when Joe had it even worse. He would never get to see them. You couldn't even imagine what he goes through everyday.

Your heart ached for him. You felt like holding him tight and telling him how much you loved him.

"But being with you makes me forget about all the pain." Joe smiled at you. "I meant to tell you this before but I never got the chance.
That day... when I found out you quit your job... I panicked.
I felt I was never going to see you again either."

Your heart filled up and so did your eyes. Something was stuck in your throat and you couldn't swallow it down.

"That's why I went to look for you..."

You had no idea this was what Joe felt for you.

He loved you. He didn't say it but you had no doubt in your mind that it was true.

You could no longer hold it in your stomach. You felt a sudden urgency to tell him what you felt for him. If you didn't say it now, then you were probably never going to say it.

"Joe... I love you."

You felt the weight leave your chest as those words left your mouth. You went for the kiss and he kissed you back.

Unfortunately your kiss was interrupted when suddenly it started to rain.

But you two didn't mind. Joe continued to kiss you while cupping your face with his hands.

The water dripped down your chins as the kiss became more passionate and needy.

It was not until both of your were drenched when you finally said, "I think we should take this inside."

——————————————————————
Wow look at me, posting two days in a row 😌