Chapter 14 - De pugione

SLOWLY, MY EYES START to flutter open as I begin to awaken from my sleep

SLOWLY, MY EYES START to flutter open as I begin to awaken from my sleep. I look through my squinted eyes to see a figure towering over me before immediately feeling a lump in my throat. Knowing what's coming, I rapidly adjust my position so I'm upright then take both my hands and slam them down on the duvet. I crouch over and then, in disgust to everyone else, I violently cough up the remains of blood all over the white bed, 'You alright?' I hear someone ask, then looking to see my older sister Freya looking at me with sympathetic eyes.

Still regaining myself, I sit back up whilst taking my wrist to wipe around my bloody mouth, 'I mean apart from feeling like my organs have just been blended then thrown up, great,' I reply sarcastically, seeing Freya rolling her eyes as I hear cute little giggle from the other side of the room, 'Well, I am going to go and speak to your pain in the ass father,' I explain to my niece whose sat on Hailey's knee on the other side of the room.

She laughs at my careless use of language whilst I get an annoyed glare from Hailey, but just ignore it and shrug it off. I start to slide off the side of the bed until a hand blocks my path, 'and where do you think you're going?' Freya quizzes me as I just sigh in response.

'Just to politely ask our dear brother about the secret he's keeping, unless you want me to ask you instead?' I pipe back, smiling sarcastically at her whilst I notice her becoming more tense with the mention of a secret, 'That's what I thought.'

Remaining silent, she removes the hand that is blocking my path before I finish sliding off the bed and land both my feet onto the floor. I give Freya one last smile as I go to make my way out, however I get stopped and not by Freya's hand this time, instead myself. For some reason, my legs give in and I swiftly start to fall to the ground, not having any control over the lower part of my body. 'Woah!' I hear the hybrid exclaim before speeding over and catching me just before I hit the ground, 'maybe you should slow down,' she then suggests whilst placing me back down on the edge of the bed.

I huff like a moody teenager, 'I can't just slow down!' I spouted in a mimicking tone, making Hope giggle once again, 'I need someone to bloody tell me what's going on! I am going to make Klaus tell me his secret and then I am going to drag Kol back to Rousseau's so I can force Marcel to tell me what he knows. And I need to do all of that before my lovely mother comes for tea tomorrow!' I rambled whilst running my hands through my hair as Freya just comforted me by rubbing my back, 'I also need to find out what is wrong with me,' I finish before gritting my teeth out of annoyance.

Freya just takes a big breath in response, 'Today,' she simply states, as I just turn to look at her with confusion, 'Mother's coming today.'

This just frustrates and motivates me more, 'You should rest for a bit,' Hailey advises in a calm tone whilst I start to push myself back off the bed, 'You went through a lot yesterday.'

I look at her as though she has three heads, 'Did you not just hear anything I said?' I reply as I begin to gain my balance once again, 'I have to talk to Klaus, interrogate Marcel and discover what is wrong with me all before tonight,' I continue before turning around to see Hope, then moving my gaze to the manniquin next to it, 'I also need to finish my outfit! And believe me I am as stubborn as it get's so you're not stopping me,' I finish, then smiling at Hope before I strided out the room.