Chapter 15 - 900 years later

I STRIDE DOWN THE streets of New Orleans, determined to get to a place that was less crowded so I could think more clearly

I STRIDE DOWN THE streets of New Orleans, determined to get to a place that was less crowded so I could think more clearly. After rapidly walking for about fifteen minutes, I come across a quiet-looking bar and immediately decide to go there, shoving the double doors open with my hand and then slouching down on a wooden stool. 'Vodka and coke please,' I ordered, getting a smile from the friendly looking women in response.

Even though I was feeling like drowning my sorrows in something stronger, I needed my mind to stay focused and clear. There where a few things that I needed to think about, the first being how Josh might have just found my solution to this whole 'dying' situation. The reason why I suddenly felt better was because I siphoned some of the vampire magic in Josh, making my hand glow red and him feel a horrible sharp pain. Now my guess is that the siphoning will only supress the dark magic and not dispose of it, which might not be the solution to my probelm, however it definetly helps. 'Here you go, that's-' the bartender starts to say whilst placing my drink down, until I cut her off by compelling her to leave me alone and give me my drink for free.

If I am feeling extremly friendly I might leave a tip later. Although I'm thinking that will be as rare as seeing Elijah wearing sweatpants.

Anyways, back to my mental plotting and scheming. What I am planning on doing is hunting down some of the dark objects, as they all contain a lot of power to fuel and temporarily overpower the daggers dark magic rooted in me. I know that soon after I got taken in 1703, mine were left here and scattered all over New Orleans. I also know that Kol made some over the years, so I will ask him about it when I arrive back home as I still actually trust him, unlike my sisters and Niklaus. After everyone going behind my back and not telling my about my potential death, I have also come to the conclusion that I need informants of my own, spies if you will. So before I leave this bar, I'll select a few candidates to be my new vampire puppets and kill them, then compelling them to keep me updated with all that happens where I'm not. Some shall slowly work there way into Marcel's inner circle, giving me all the details there is to know about him and his merry band of vampires. Whilst others shall scatter over the city, chatting to people, earning there trust and spying on them before coming back to me with news.

Now, I have found a way to supress the dark magic from destorying me immediately. However, I still need to find a way to stop the dark magic from ineveitably taking my life as I would prefer live on being the psyhcotic abomintation that I am, instead of hopping on the next plane to Hell. The way that I plan to do this is by research. Even though we can all tell that I'm not the brightest nor most studious person in the world, I have always found magic interesting and over the centuries of searching for my family I spent time learning many different types. Not only do I have a few witch friends dotted around the world, but I also have a grimoire filled with all my knowledge and spells that I learnt over the years. The only thing is, I have no idea where the fuck it is. So whilst my little tribe of vampires observe and spy on all the people in New Orleans, maybe gathering some dark objects that are spread across the city as well, I will be trying to locate what is rightfully mine.