Chapter 16 - Dinner preparations

AN HOUR LATER I arrive back at the compound, drenched in my victims blood and dragging my unconscious ex roughly by the foot

AN HOUR LATER I arrive back at the compound, drenched in my victims blood and dragging my unconscious ex roughly by the foot. As I stride through the entrance I see lights and orange leaves decorating my home, commotion everywhere I dart my eyes and compelled servants rushing around to prepare for the eventful evening we have ahead of us. I huff in annoyance as I get many stares, rolling my eyes before shooting them all daggers and continuing to make my way into the compound. "This maze of a house better have a bloody dungeon," I mutter to myself, continuing to drag William throughout the main room and trailing my own red-coloured footprints on the newly cleaned floor.

"Laurentia?" I hear my brothers familiar voice from behind me, then dropping Williams foot to the ground with a thud and swishing myself around to face him, "Is that-?" Elijah starts to ask with a confused-looking Hailey standing next to him.

"-my ex-fiancée that I killed nine hundred years ago?" I finish his question, then looking at both there stunned faces and continuing to answer his question, "Why yes, yes it is."

Shocked, they both walk up to me, looking at me and then back to William, "How?" he then asks, the both of them stood there with there mouths slightly gaping open.

"Honestly, no idea," I sigh, then rubbing my temples with my fingers, "I'm guessing that mother has resurrected him to torment me for my remaining days or he's somehow been alive this whole time, it's beyond me Elijah," I explain whilst shrugging my shoulders.

I then hear a moan escape his mouth, causing me to roll my eyes before kicking my blood-drenched trainer into his woozy face, knocking him unconscious for a second time. "And how did this-" Hailey starts to ask, then pointing at my blood splattered face and red-tinted clothes, "-happen?"

I go to answer until I notice her face - she had lipstick smudged all around her lips. Smirking, I then dart my eyes to my eldest brother, seeing a slight tinge of Hailey's reddish-nude colour smudged around his lips, "Well I wouldn't want to concern you with my extra-curricular activities when you both obviously have some of your own to return to," I sarcastically remark, then pointing to my lips with one of my fingers to signal to them both that they had a little something there.

Hailey looks down in embarrassment and as a way to conceal her blush, whilst Elijah simply whips out his handkerchief before clearing the remains of Hailey's lipstick off his mouth, "Your health is a much bigger concern of mine Laurentia," he responds whilst handing another handkerchief to Hailey, "We need to devise a solution so you can continue to function properly instead of deteriorating."

Hailey finishes wiping the access lipstick from around her lips before agreeing with my brother, "Yeah, so what the plan? Your mother's coming tonight so why don't we just torture her and make her tell us how to cure you?" she eagerly questions, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Which it was.

"Our mother is vindictive and views us as nothing more than wild, bloodthirsty animals," Elijah begins, thinking what I am thinking, which is that torture and violence would be too simple and predictable, "Violence is what she shall expect from us, therefore we should do the opposite."