Chapter 13 - Answers

ME AND KOL STRIDE down the street of New Orleans with the winter air blowing past us, whistling and making my long, brown hair blow in the wind, 'I'm guessing that you plan on remaining silent for this whole trip?' I ask in an assuming tone, turni...

ME AND KOL STRIDE down the street of New Orleans with the winter air blowing past us, whistling and making my long, brown hair blow in the wind, 'I'm guessing that you plan on remaining silent for this whole trip?' I ask in an assuming tone, turning my head to meet my brothers gaze however he just avoids mine and remains silent, 'Fine. I'll soon have Marcel to keep me company,' I continue sarcastically, seeing him roll his eyes from the corner of mine, 'Who knows? Maybe he'll be a good outlet for your anger,' I sassed before quickening my pace and hearing a sigh from behind me.

Rapidly, I enter through the front doors of Rousseau, the bar me and Damon came to the other night, and scan the area for a particular chocolate-eyed vampire, 'See him?' I hear a familiar voice ask from behind me, recognising it as Kol's and choosing to ignore it and scoff at his sudden decision to finally speak.

I continue to glance over the small crowd, as the place was practically empty, and soon spot my target sitting at the bar, sipping some random alcoholic beverage. A smirk creeps it's way onto my face as I confidently stride over to where Marcel is sitting and take a seat to the left of him, seeing Kol do the same and sit to his right, 'Vodka and coke,' I state to the young female standing behind the bar, then turning my head to face the young vampire, still smirking.

'Bourbon please darling,' Kol says with a sadistic smile, then turning to face Marcel and I, 'Fancy seeing you here,' he quips as the lady then rushes off to make pour our drinks.

'Kol and Laurentia Mikaelson,' he replies, whilst avoiding eye contact and swirling the golden drink that he holds in his hands, 'to what do I owe the pleasure?'

I let out a huff, 'You see Marcel, yesterday my brand new big sister Frey Frey, did a little spell on me and your ex-girlfriend,' I start to explain, earning an eyebrow raise from the vampire in response, 'she went into the deepest depths of our minds to find a memory that our mother might of let slip out of her deranged head,' I continue, as he then meets my gaze, obviously now interested in my little story, 'in my head there was nothing but a few replays of past events, however Rebekah's, well, let's just say that there was some quite juicy information.'

The bartender then comes over with mine and Kol's drink, earning a polite nod from the both of us in return as I then start to replicate the swirling motion that Marcel continues to do with the drink in his hand. 'You're telling me this why?' he questions in a monotone voice earning a scoff from myself and an impatient eyeroll from my brother.

'Like my sister said, Bex did come across some quite interesting information, some of that being you having a discussion with our not-so-dead mother,' Kol explains, then raising his eyebrows towards Marcel, awaiting an answer.

Also awaiting a reply, I take a sip of my drink before putting it down and raising my eyebrows like Kol whilst Marcel just sighs, already frustrated at the both of us. 'Even if I did know some information, why would I tell you?' he questions the two of us, making me scoff in response and Kol have a smirk quickly make it's way onto his face.