Chapter 8 - If at first you don't triumph

SUDDENLY MY EYES DARTED open as I start to take a big gasp of air before attempting to sit up, seeing that I had now regained control of my body

SUDDENLY MY EYES DARTED open as I start to take a big gasp of air before attempting to sit up, seeing that I had now regained control of my body. Realising that my arms, legs and neck has been pinned down by some metal clasps I start to panic and shake my body trying to escape using my vampire strength, then registering the fact that I'm weak, very weak. I've been poisoned by something, I'm unsure what, but I know for a fact that it's not vervain - something a lot stronger.

Too weak to break the metal clasps using my advanced vampire strength, I attempt to cast multiple spells, desperately hoping, praying, that one of them will work, but I have no such luck. Since, I'm not a proper witch, I'm an absorber - or as people call them nowadays, a Siphoner - I gain my power from the magic infused with the spell that turned me into an original vampire. When my vampire side is weakened, like it is right now, it effects my witch side so I'm unable to cast spells.

I decide to sit still and wait for my capture to reveal themselves, not wanting to waste my remaining energy on pointless attempts to escape. Without straining my neck too much, I look around at the parts of the room that I can see from where I'm lying. Brightly, there are lights directed onto the me, making it hard for me not to squint as the light literally blinds me. Swiftly, I turn my attention to the rest of the room, blinking repeatedly as my eyes still recover from the blinding light. I see that I'm surrounded by familiar-looking, pale turquoise curtains, blocking me from seeing the walls of the room and what lies on the other side, then hearing a fan-like buzzing sound, focusing my attention to the machine next to me. I follow a tube that's connected to the machine, seeing bubbles float around in it making me wonder what it is, and it finally leads me to myself, as I realise that this must be the poison preventing me from doing magic and making me weak. Frustrated, I start using all my remaining strength to try and pull the tube out of me so I will be able to escape and hopefully go home to my family and see them all fine.

In the distance, I hear the sound of multiple muffled voices, drawing my attention away from the poison being pumped into my veins. They sound male and full of panic, as there footsteps get louder by the second, filling me with worry and not knowing what my fate is going to be. Yes I know they can't kill me, as I am an immortal original hybrid and Klaus had told me that the last of the White Oak had been destroyed, however an eternity of torture sounds a lot worse fate than death. Swish, the curtains open, as I see two blurred faces, making me come to the realisation that my eyesight is blurred and that this is another one of the poison effects.

Fear hits me as understand why everything in this room looks so familiar and as to why I'm pinned down, laying on a flat table. 

I'm back in The Augustine Society.

***

The night of Laurentia's Welcome Ball, Time - 21:34.

Point of View - Kol Mikaelson

The dance comes to an end, thank god, as I had began to get bored of flirting with some random, human girl, who foolishly attended tonight's ball without taking or wearing vervain, 'Run along darling. I'll meet you later tonight,' I said in a demanding manner as I compelled the girl, before looking around the room for a familiar face, particularly my sister.