Chapter 5 - An old friend

WALKING THROUGH THE CITY with Rebekah this early in the morning was magical

WALKING THROUGH THE CITY with Rebekah this early in the morning was magical. Most people were still asleep, so all the lights were turned off leaving only the sun lighting up the city. The yellow and blue blend in the sky was beautiful, and the sun rising in the distance reminded me that today is a new chapter. You would of thought that the dead silence was eerie, in such a big city as New Orleans, but it was the complete opposite, it was calming. I reminisce in the sunlight's warmth and have the wind blowing in my hair, 'I love how it's so peaceful here, in New Orleans,' I say, before taking a bite out of my French toast that I got from one of the traditional breakfast places.

'That's how it appears to be,' she replies mysteriously, instantly making me want to know more.

'What do you mean "tHaT's hOw iT aPpEaRs To Be," like- could you be anymore secretive,' I say in response, then rolling my eyes, making her laugh.

'Well to put it point blank, is that it's all just a cover up. The festivals, the tourist attractions are all there just to hide what's really going on,' she says bluntly, whilst I listen eating my French toast.

'I know that New Orleans hides all the supernatural creatures that live here,'I state, then pausing to lick the sticky maple syrup off my fingers, 'I knew that ages ago Bex.'

'Well it's not simply just supernaturals anymore, its the whole bloody supernatural war,' she tells me, as we carry on walking down the street, seeing lights turn on in the windows as people begin to wake up.

Curious, I ask, 'What war?'

Rebekah flicks her hair over he shoulder then explains, 'Well to put it long-story-short, there is a war going on between our family and the vampires and werewolves. '

'Why is there a war though? Who started it?' I question her, getting more interested by the second.

Rebekah laughs, 'Who do you think? Nik of course. He let the power and control get to his head like usual,' she says, then continuing, 'Marcel and Nik both wanted to be the king of New Orleans, since Klaus was winning and was more in control, Marcel stole the daggers that desiccate us.'

Confused as to why Klaus would be mad about that, I ask, 'But why would Klaus start a war over that when he is immune to the daggers anyway?'

'Ah but that it where your wrong sister!' she says, whilst pointing her finger in the air, 'Kol made a dagger that will effect Klaus to defend himself.'

Surprised that there now a dagger for Klaus, I stay silent, thinking about how I literally came here at the worst time possible. Deep in thought, I hardly notice the man walking towards me and Rebekah, smiling at us with his pearly white teeth and staring at us through his chocolate brown eyes. 'Ah Rebekah Mikaelson, surprised to see you in town,' he says suspiciously, 'I don't often see you out and about with a friend since, you know, your so busy stabbing people in the back,' obviously throwing shade at Rebekah.