Chapter 4 - I was forgotten

OPENING MY EYES, I see the hand that has grabbed my arm, perfectly manicured with red nail polish

OPENING MY EYES, I see the hand that has grabbed my arm, perfectly manicured with red nail polish. Not caring who it is, I drop the stake-like, piece of wood and just melt into there arms, feeling more comforted than I ever have before. Quietly, crackling in the background, the fire slowly starts to die down in harmony with me, as the mystery person starts stroking my hair, soothing me until the tears stop rolling down my face. As I look up to see who it is, she looks down at me with sympathy in her eyes and I instantly recognise her. Pulling me back into a tighter hug, she says, 'It's okay to be sad sometimes, Laurentia,'.

Trying to prevent herself from crying, she sniffs, whilst whispering, 'I'm here for you sis. Always and forever.'

We walk over to my bed and I cast a spell to get rid of the last bit of fire, leaving my bedroom black and burnt, full of ashes. Rebekah sits down next to me, on my bed, putting her hand on top of mine, staring past my eyes and into my broken soul. As I wipe my puffy, red eyes, I realise that she just called me 'sis', and quickly start questioning her, asking, 'What do you mean, sis?'

As I sit there confused, she stares back at me full of excitement, like a kid in a sweet shop. Then explaining, how all the people I've seen today, are apart of our family - Freya being my witchy, older sister; Kol being my mischievous, vampire, older brother; crazy hybrid mum was apparently the mother to Klaus' child, but fancied Elijah - I know weird- and then the tiny magical freckled girl, also known as Hope, was my niece.  Once she finishes talking, I sit there shocked on how big my family is and how I've been surrounded by them all day. I then realise, that Rebekah didn't mention her  relation to me, so I question her saying, 'So I'm guessing your my older sister...? Or younger?', wondering if I'm the youngest sibling or not.

She laughs, then smiling at me, 'Laurentia,' she says before pausing and looking at me filled with joy, 'your my twin sister.'

I sit there staring at her, not bringing myself to believe what she just said. Rebekah is my twin sister? Not knowing what to think or say, I decide to return her hug from before, cuddling her as I see in the corner of my eye, her welling up.

We ended staying up for hours , mainly me listening to her talking about our family and how happy she is to have a twin sister. Us later moving on to more of a casual conversation, such as boys, fashion and our favourite things. After, once again, bursting into a bundle of laughter over one of the many stories that me and Rebekah have shared, she smiles at me and says, 'I miss this.'

'Miss what?' I ask her in response to her sudden change of mood.

She breathes deeply then lifts her head up to look at me and says, 'I miss feeling so understood and comfortable around someone,' giving me a heart-warming, genuine smile, then continuing, saying, 'I don't know. I just feel like talking to you is different. Everything just flows more naturally.'