Chapter 17 - Sins and secrets

WE ALL GATHER AROUND the long table, chatting here and there about 'what if's' and how to handle different situations

WE ALL GATHER AROUND the long table, chatting here and there about 'what if's' and how to handle different situations. I am sat in between Elijah and Freya, opposite Niklaus, who is positioned in the middle of Rebekah and Kol, staring into nothingness and thinking about the evening ahead.

Unlike the rest of my siblings, I hadn't seen our mother since I was abandoned and kicked out of our small house, merely hours after I had turned into a vampire-witch hybrid. I hadn't planned on ever seeing her again since I had assumed she died long ago from either old age or her witchy ancestors, but here I am, patiently awaiting for her to grace us with her presence.

Autumn 1001:
I take a massive gasp for air as my eyes fly open and my once dead body quickly begins to come back to life. Out of instinct, my hand rapidly clutches around where my fathers swords was previously, searching for any wound or pain however I find none - just a large patch of blood.

Everything around me looks brighter and things I could once not even imagine hearing, I can, such as the fire flickering in the corner of the room and the snores from men whom live in huts far away. Suddenly the snores are overpowered by the loud noise of footsteps approaching, causing me to look towards the entrance to see my father hurrying towards me with a blank-faced, pale women following, "You wish to be apart of this family, girl?" he shouts, causing me to flinch back, scared, since he did just plunge his sword through my heart.

Not wanting him to raise his voice at me again, I shyly nod in response whilst he just takes out a small dagger before slicing the innocent women's neck, causing blood to immediately seep out. Shocked at his sudden violence, I gasp and begin to shuffle back, wondering if he was going to do the same to me, "Then you must drink the blood to complete the ritual," he continues, holding the women by the neck and tilting it to the side so her cut was more visible, "Did I stutter, girl? You are an abomination! Abomination's do not have the privilege of being apart of my family!" he yells, marching towards me with the women roughly in his right hand, "Now drink," he demands me, however I just shake my head in defiance as my eyes start to become glossy, not wanting to drink this women's blood.

"No," I practically whisper out, wishing I was stronger and could stand up to the man, "no, I shall not," I continue, a bit louder this time.

Instead of backing away, he comes closer and uses his free hand to grab me aggressively by the neck, "When I command you to drink--," he yells whilst I just whimper at his strong grip around the back of my neck, "--you drink," he finishes before pushing my mouth against the women's blood-covered neck.

At the beginning, it felt wrong, disgusting as I drank the blood of this women. The metallic taste was anything but delicious and I was forcing it down my throat.

Although, after mere seconds, what was once torture was now something I took pleasure in doing. It wasn't just the taste that changed from being revolting to euphoric, it was the feeling of weakness turning into an indescribable amount of power. I couldn't get enough. Everything inside me was tingling and bursting into life, as I felt like I was being reborn a goddess with the strength to do anything I pleased.