Twelve.

-Ashton-

One week. One week since what happened in the park. One week since Luke stopped talking..again. Its like he wasn't even here. His mind was somewhere else even though his body was here. James and Clark have returned to school, Stark is gone another week as the teacher who caught them reported that he was doing the most of the damage. 

I've missed Lukes voice, his laugh, his smiled. He hasn't smiled in what seems forever. He won't even look at me when I talk to him. The only thing he does do is hold my hand. He grabs my hand, even in school although people stare. No we are not dating.  He casually squeezes my hand to prove that he's still here. I try to talk to him but he doesn't reply, he doesn't show any emotion. Just like when I first met him. 

I've talked to his brother asking if he talks at home and all he does is shake his head. He went back to the way he was before I came into his life. I felt like I was losing Luke. I wish he would just talk to me. I remember when I walked into his room, finding his arms cut open because of himself. 

I wish I could do more to help, but there wasn't anything I could do. All I could do is be there for him. I didn't try to stop him from harming himself, I did at first but I knew it was no use. He wouldn't listen to me. Sometimes I would see his sleeves roll up a bit and I saw red lines, fresh cuts. 

--

It was Friday.  Day of the group at the hospital. School was about to end. I asked Luke if he wanted to come hang out at my house till it was time to go. All he did in reponse was pull out his phone. I saw that he was texting his brother. All he did was hand his phone to me after he sent it. It read that he was going home with me. I nodded. 

The bell rang. Luke took my hand and we walked out of the gym together. We went to my locker first, and then his. We turned down the hallway and I could feel Luke tense up. Clark was leaning against some lockers. As we got closer we could tell he was against Lukes locker. We walked up and Luke was standing in front of Clark. Clark looked at Luke to me, I expected some smart remark but Clark just walked off. I could tell Luke was confused as was I, he let go of my hand and got his stuff. I offered to carry his bag but he didn't budge. 

I drive to school everyday, so we walked to my car hand in hand. We got in the car and I pulled out of the parking lot. Luke turned on the radio, making the awkward car ride less awkward. Once at my house Luke went up to my room as I went to the kitchen. Luke has been over to my house once before so he knew where it was. My mom was in the kitchen. 

She smiled at me as I walked in, I returned it grabbed two water bottles. One for me and one for Luke. 

"I'm taking it that Luke is over?" My mom eyed the two water bottles. "Yup." She smiled. 

"Dinner will be ready in a hour, and then right after you have group." As if I could forget. "Okay." I simply said before I left to go to my room. 

Once in my room I found Luke laying on my bed, his back facing the door. 

"Luke." He stayed where he was not even moving. 

I went over to the bed, sitting on it. Luke turned and saw the water bottle I had placed on my bedside table. He grabbed it and sat up and drank some of it before putting it back down. He pulled out his phone. A minute later my phone went off. 

Luke:

Im taking a nap. Im exhausted. 

"Okay, you can do that." 

He turned again so he was in the same position he was before. Luke has been really tired lately. I was worried but I knew that I couldn't really ask him about it. I didn't need him to get mad at me. I pulled out some homework and sat down at my desk. Lukes light snores filled my room, I didn't understand how someone could fall asleep so easily. It took me two minutes when I realized I didn't feel like doing homework.