Sixteen.

-Stark- 

"Go up there and talk to him." My aunt, Jessie pushed me to go talk to Luke. 

I really didn't want to go up there and talk to him. I hated Luke. I remember when he was the popular kid, I remember the feeling of wanting to know what it felt like to have everyone love you. I remember when he came back from taking off from school for what knows what reason. His friends left him, I had taken this as my chance to jump on him, making it clear that I was better then him. From that day on something just clicked and I became popular, powerful. Taking Lukes place. Then Luke became the school freak. Long story short I say. 

I thought about what happened at dinner tonight. I knew something was up when he made an excuse not to eat. He said he ate a lot for lunch, but I knew that was a lie. I saw him at lunch and he didn't eat anything. He never does. I shook my head. I didn't want to think about Luke. 

"Stark, go up there now. We will leave after." I rolled my eyes and went up to his room. I followed his brothers instructions and came face to face with a plain white door. The door had a name carved into it, Luke. I knocked on the door, I didn't know what I would say. Maybe I wouldn't have to say anything and he would just close the door in my face. 

The door opened wide reveling a side of Luke I have never seen. I was shocked at what I saw, and I could tell by his face that he wasn't expecting me. He went to close the door but I stopped him. I looked over him. His chest was covered in finally fading bruises, ones I caused. I could see his ribs, knowing he hasn't ate anything in who knows how long. I saw his wrists. Cuts. I could make out a few pink lines but most were bright red. Meaning they were recent. Not fresh like today, but possibly yesterday. Last I looked him in the eyes, I could tell he had been crying. I was still in shock trying to say something but nothing would come out. Luke looked almost as if he was broken. No he was. I was the one who caused this, all of it. 

"I'm sorry." Was all I could manage before running out of his house. Him standing in the door way haunted my mind. I couldn't wipe the scene from my brain. All I could think and see was Luke, broken because of what I did. 

I was leaning against my aunts car. Maybe I should stop everything. I could try to be nice to Luke, not become his friend but be nice for a change. What would the other guys think though? They would hate me. I didn't care. I'm not going to stop hurting Luke Hemmings, I will keep going to the day he breaks completely.

-Ashton- 

I woke up late. I missed my first two classes and I feel like something had happened to Luke. It was just a feeling in my gut. The moment I got up I checked my phone. I had a text from Luke. 

Luke:

Ashton. 

That was all the message said. I didn't reply, not knowing what to say. I got ready and made my way to school. It was lunch time when I arrived. I didn't bother getting food. I went straight to mine and Lukes table. Nobody else sat there besides us, which was great. Luke had his head down. He didn't notice when I walked up to the table. I sat down and he still didn't lift his head. I touched his shoulder and he jumped. He saw it was me and relaxed. 

"Your here." He smiled but I noticed that his face was bruised. 

"What happened?" I knew something happened, I knew it from the moment I woke up. 

He looked somewhere in the room and I followed his gaze. Stark. My hands tightened into fists. 

"I am going to fucking kill him." 

"It wasn't him. It was just Clark and James." He stated, knowing I had instantly thought of Stark. 

I grabbed Lukes hand and basically pulled him out of the cafeteria. People were staring at us but I was used to it. I don't think they stared at us because we were holding hands, I think its because of Luke. How Luke was apparently the school freak with no friends. But then I came along and joined him. Who cares if we are freaks. I know I would rather have Luke and be called a freak then be friends with people who beat people for fun.