Twenty-Nine.

Two months. Two months since that day. Two months since Luke has worn short sleeves. Two months since he came out and admitted being suicidal. Two months, pretending to be getting better. Two months of putting on fake smiles just to make his boyfriend feel better. Two months since Ashton has gotten back on track with his life. He is no longer in his "bad habit". Eating again and not faking his smile like Luke. 

It was now May first. It was a Friday. Luke was stressed like always, Ashton smiling without a care in the world. Ashton going on about some story. Luke sat there putting a fake smile on his face while listening to his boyfriend. Ashton didn't see, he didn't see that the smile was fake because he was so into his own world and had thought Luke was getting better. Everyone thought Luke was getting better.  But in reality, Luke was dying. Luke stuck to his promise after that horrible day in March. He stopped eating. Not completely, just enough in front of his brother to convince him that he was getting better. Getting better didn't even seem like an option to Luke. He was to far gone for recovery. 

Ashton had known from the moment he met Luke that he didn't eat school food. Making Ashton to question Jack if Luke ate anything. Jack would simply tell Ashton that he did eat, which wasn't a complete lie. 

Luke weighed a merely 100 pounds, Luke just saw that as fat. He thought he was huge. Most people would say he was under weight but he begged to differ. 

Luke still cut. He needed his release. A release from the voices inside his head, sometimes they wouldn't leave after the small piece of metal went over his skin. Causing the red fluid known as blood to drip out. Lately they only went away when he was Ashton. Maybe because he had someone else to focus on besides himself. 

"Luke are you even listening?" Ashtons voice snapped him from his thoughts. Ashton wasn't mad at Luke, just worried. "I am." Putting his head in his arms on the table. Moving his head to the side so he could still see Ashton.

"Then what was I even talking about?" Luke knew Ashton wasn't mad, but maybe he was.  "You were talking about your cousins and how you went bowling, and then how his fingers got stuck in the ball." Rolling his eyes, he saw the huge smile that appeared on Ashtons face.

Ashton was happy to know that his boyfriend really was listening to him. The bell rang, signalling that lunch was now over. Ashton went to throw away his plate while Luke struggled with putting his bag on his back. Luke never use to carry his bag around, let alone take books to class. This was just another part of his plan to make people think he was getting better. He had two books in his bag, which would equal up to about twenty-five pounds. But to Luke it felt like one hundred, Luke was weak. Luke was nothing but skin and bones. A kick in the stomach could easily end him.

"Let me get it babe." Ashton was back and took Lukes bag. He easily put it on his shoulder. Already having his bag on his back. "I could have gotten it!" Luke tried to fight back. Ashton gave Luke a look and they both knew he wouldn't actually be able to carry it.

Ashton started to walk away but Luke just stood there. Ashton looked back and thought maybe Luke was mad at his little joke. He walked back over to Luke. "You okay?" 

Luke looked at Ashton and jumped a bit. Not even realizing he was there."I'm good." Giving Ashton a reassuring smile.

Ashton was worried about Luke. He seemed really out of it today. Grabbing a hold of his hand, they left the room. "Gotta go to my locker." Ashton said as they turned down a hallway.

Luke just nodded, noticing a small group of girls watching them. He heard them laugh after they had walked past them, he knew they were talking about him. James and Clark made eye contact with Ashton, they glared at him but walked past the couple without a single comment. About a month and a half ago, Ashton made it very clear that he wouldn't let Luke go anywhere alone at school.  Clark and James have stopped beating Luke. The comments didn't stop.

Ashton tried to protect Luke in every way possible. Being the protective boyfriend he is. Once at his locker Luke leaned against the locker next to his. Ashton told Luke that no one ever goes to that locker. Making Luke worry less about someone coming up behind him and hurting him. 

"You going to group tonight?" The question came out of nowhere, making Luke kinda just stare at Ashton. Ashton looked over at Luke and let out a small giggle. "Lucas you okay?" Luke just nodded, annoyed by the fact that he was just called Lucas. 

The minute bell rang, leaving the hallway nearly empty and kids running to their classes. Ashton closed his locker, quickly pecking Lukes lips before grabbing his hand. The bell rang signalling that they were late, but neither of the boys cared. They were together and that was all that really mattered to them. 

a/n: later update then what i said wow im sorry. blame my wifi because its been sucking lately.  And this would have been up even sooner if wattpad didnt delete the entire chapter. Omfg like really wattpad? 

thoughts?