One.

January 1st 

  My name is Luke  Hemmings. I am seventeen years old. I was born on July 16th 1996. I hate myself. I don't eat. I don't talk. I have depression and I harm myself. On my eighteenth birthday I will commit suicide. That is a promise. 

                                                                -Luke 

I closed the journal in front of me and pushed it off my desk. Falling to the floor, I went to my bed. My alarm clock read 8:46pm. I didn't understand why my life was such a mess, why I was such a fuck up. I pulled at my hair, I didn't know why I was waiting til my birthday. Maybe just maybe, somebody will actually understand me. Maybe there is hope for me. But I highly doubt it, no matter what. Just like I wrote, I promise that I will leave this hell. 

-------------------------------------------------------

"Have a good day at school!' My brother called after me but I never looked back. 

It was the first day back from christmas break and I could already tell it was going to be hell. Walking down the hall I kept my head down. I didn't need to make contact with anyone, but that didn't matter. I was slammed into some lockers. I let out a small yell in pain. Somebody pulled on my collar, making me look them right in the eyes. 

"Have a good break?" My eyes met Starks eyes. I knew he didn't give two shits about how my break went. 

"Not gonna talk today?" I stayed quiet. I looked down trying to avoid his eyes. That earned me a slap to the face. "You look at me when Im speaking to you alright!" It really wasn't a question, more of a demand. 

At that moment a teacher ran up to us and separated us. She made sure we went different ways but didn't exactly do anything, they never do. People stared at me when I walked down the hall. I could hear people saying stuff about me, it didn't affect me anymore. The stuff they say is mostly true anyways. 

My run in with Stark this morning made me late. The minute bell rang before I even got to my locker, great. The school will most likely call my brother and get me yelled at. Slowly I made my way to my class. It was the first day back, nothing important should be happening. I opened the door to the class and my teacher gave me a look. I wish teachers would understand, I wish they would understand everyone doesn't have a perfect life. I sat in my seat in the back. I mentally thanked my teacher everyday for sitting me in the back. 

I usually put my head down but something, more like somebody caught my eye. In front of the class was a guy I've never seen before. Weird I didn't notice him when I walked in, I usually notice everything. The teacher finally spoke up.

"Since everyone is finally here." She looked at me and a few people looked back at me. "We have a new student. Please introduce yourself, and if you like tell us a few things about yourself." 

She motioned to the kid in the front and he stood up. He stood in the center facing everyone. The kid has guts, I could never do that. 

"Well I'm Ashton Irwin, but usually people just call me Ashton and I'm eighteen." He told the class. 

"Class any questions for Ashton?" The teacher added, usually nobody ever asks the new kids anything but this one girl said something. 

"Will you go out with me?" The voice came from the school slut, Brenda. She was with a new guy every week but Ashton wouldn't know that. I kinda felt bad for him. 

His cheeks got a bit red, "Actually I'm gay." As he said the last word his eyes met mine. 

You could hear a couple of gasps from around the classroom. I looked over at Brenda and she was clearly in shock. The teacher coughed and thanked Ashton for doing that and made him sit down. For the rest of the class I kept my head down. 

-Ashton-

The first day being at my new school was halfway over, now it was lunch. I followed my new 'friends' to their table. I wouldn't exactly call them friends yet, I just met them today but they did start talking to me right when I got here. So maybe that's the start of something. I was sitting at the table talking to all the people around me when I noticed somebody out of the corner of my eye. I looked to my right and at a table in the corner of the lunch room, a guy was sitting alone. I squinted my eyes and could make out that it was the same kid from my first hour. 

"Don't even think about him Ashton." The guy next to me said, making my attention going from the boy to him. 

"What?" I was confused for the most part. 

"Don't even look at him Ashton, he's no good." He made a motion to the table I was just looking at. 

"I don't get what you mean?" 

He rolled his eyes, "His name is Luke and he's the school freak. If you want to have a good year here, you should just ignore him. It will make your life easier." 

I gave one last look at the table but Luke was no longer there. I didn't think there was anything wrong with him. 

I didn't know how I would ignore him. Every time I tried to think of something else, he came back into my mind. I knew it was hard to actually admit after only being at the school for a few hours. But I think I have a crush on Luke, who was apparently the school freak. 

a/n: hii, i hope you like the first chapter! The quote in the description of the story is mine so please please don't steal it. But yea, i hope you do like this story. There will be triggering in this story, i will make sure to put warnings. So yea, if you have any questions or anything please ask. Okay bye ily thanks for reading and share the story with others. :)) 

        ~K