Thirty-Four.

-Luke-

After that, I didn't sleep. I didn't really deserve to sleep. I laid there thinking about where I should take Ashton for our date. It was around eight, I could hear my brother in the shower. I wasn't quite sure on Jessie and Stark. If they were even up. I told Ashton I would text him when I got up, but that could wait.

Minutes passed, the shower went silent a few minutes ago. There was a knock at my door. Getting up I felt dizzy, I sat there for a few seconds waiting for it to go back to normal. I knew it was because my lack of sleep and me barely eating.

I got up as soon as my door opened. I was instantly hit with another wave of dizziness causing me to fall. The room around me went black before I hit the floor.

———-

Hours passed by. Jack took Luke to the hospital. He was sick of putting this off, he should have gotten Luke help right away. He thought Ashton could make him better, but it just didn't happen. He knew from the start what Luke was doing and he just didn't want to think about it. Now he sat in a waiting room waiting to see how he was doing.

They had told him that he had fainted because of the lack of eating and lack of sleep. Its not like Luke to not sleep, if he wasn't sleeping, he is with Ashton. They had told him that he had a very serve case of anorexia and it would take months, maybe even years before he would recover. Jack cried, he failed. He failed his parents, knowing it was his job to look over Luke. He failed himself, he could have stopped this before it got so serious.

Luke awoken but was gone within minutes, sleep taking over him. Jack couldn't bring it to himself to go in the room and see Luke. So he didn't. It was around noon and Jack thought maybe he should contact Ashton. He didn't know his number though.

Jack was about to get up when a doctor walked into the room. Jack was weirdly the only person there. So he knew it was for him.

"Jack Hemmings? Here for-" He looked down at his clip board, "Your brother Luke Hemmings?" The doctor looked up, giving a small smile. His tag read, 'Dr. Garcia'

Jack just nodded, not wanting to cry in front of this man. He sat down next to him, this couldn't be good.

"Mr. Hemmings, we have a few suggestions for you. Now let me say, they are suggestions. You do not have to go with them, but if you want Luke to get better...these might be very good options for him."

He nodded again, he knew that an option would be to send Luke away. He didn't think he could do that. Luke was basically his only family.

"We can send Luke to a Psychiatric hospital, the closest one is only about twenty minutes from here. They will help stable him with his depression, and help with his anorexia. The first few months there, you are not allowed to visit with the person. You can watch them from a room of some sort but they are not allowed to meet anyone from the outside. There is one downside from this Mr. Hemmings...Luke would be a permanent patient. He would get his own personal room, he would live there for...well his entire life. I say this because of how bad his condition is. It might take years to overcome this." He took a deep breath, looking at Jack, waiting for some reaction.

Luke living in a hospital for his life? Jack shook his head, "I'm sorry sir, but I cannot do that to Luke."

The man just nodded, writing something down. "I do have something similar, but not as bad. Luke could go there but I wouldn't write him down as a permanent patient. He would stay there for at least six months. Although he won't be able to contact anyone, not even after a few months. The last decision would be therapy. Taking medicine to help him. The last one takes lots of commitment and it may be hard to stick to it."

Jack was overwhelmed. Lukes future was all in Jacks hand and he couldn't handle it. "I'll um think about it." The doctor nodded and then thanked him, leaving the room.

A few minutes passed before the doctor returned. "Luke is awake, you can go talk to him."

He left Jack before he could reply. Jack got up and made his way to Lukes room. He reached his room and opened the door, closing it behind him. Luke was laying in the bed. Staring straight ahead. His eyes held no emotion, there was arm restraints holding Luke down. His hands were made into fists. As if he was ready to punch someone, but they both knew Luke didn't have the strength for that.

Jack sat down next to Luke but Luke made no acknowledgement that Jack had sat next to him.

"Why did you bring me here?" Luke whispered, Jack was caught off. "YOU KNOW I FUCKING HATE IT HERE!" He yelled, looking straight ahead.

He tugged at the restraints, slumping down in defeat when they wouldn't budge. A nurse had walked into the room to check on the boy. Jack gave her a small thumbs up and she smiled, leaving the two alone.

It hurt Jack to see his brother like this. They sat in silence for who knows how long. Another nurse soon walked in, checking Luke over.

"Anything I can get for you Luke?" She asked kindly, smiling down at the boy.

"Ashton." He mumbled out, the nurse not quite catching on. "I SAID I WANT ASHTON!" Luke yelled once again, making the nurse and his brother jump back.

The nurse walked out of the room, mumbling how she had to find a doctor.

"Where is he Jack? He doesn't care about me does he? He said he would always be here for me." He started crying, pulling at his restraints. Just wanting to cover his face.

A doctor and the same nurse walked into the room. Luke instantly yelling, "I WANT ASHTON!" They had no idea who Ashton was, ignoring his yells the doctor pulled out some medicine.

Hooking it up to his IV bag, "Jack is it? This should make him relaxed, most likely making him sleep." Jack nodded.

"I...want..Ash...Ashton." Luke struggled to get out before the medicine that had entered him took over his body. Instantly making him fall asleep.