Four.

-Ashton- 

Monday slowly rolled around. I was almost sure that I had lost the only friends I had at school. I didn't really mind though. I didn't need to be friends with people who find joy of being mean to others. People looked at me as I walked down the hall. I could see them staying stuff to their friends. I brushed the stuff off. I wasn't going to let stuff like that bother me. I wondered where Luke was. I didn't know what to do, should I go and find him and talk to him? I decided against it. 

I walked into class and Luke wasn't in his usual seat. Maybe he would come in late. I sat in my seat waiting for class to start. I was glad Stark and the other guys didn't have this class. It would have been really awkward. The bell rang and a few people walked in late but none were Luke. I hoped he was okay. 

The class dragged by, I wasn't really paying attention. The bell rang, signalling that class had ended. Luke never came to class. I grabbed my bag and left the class making my way to my other class. Somebody slammed into my shoulder making me go into the lockers. 

"Oops I didn't see you there." I looked up and Stark was walking away, laughing with Clark and James. 

"Jerks." I muttered under my breath. 

My other two classes went by fast, considering I actually paid attention in them. Lunch came around and I wasn't sure on what to do. I know I didn't have anybody to sit with, but I could always sit alone and listen to music or act like I was doing homework. I waited a bit to get to the lunch room, I finally walked into the lunch room. Some people looked over at me but most didn't even pay attention. I scanned the room and saw Luke. He was sitting by himself. I walked over to the table, his eyes followed me once I came into view. 

"Can I sit here?" He watched me, slightly nodding. I didn't sit exactly next to him, I gave him his own space. 

"Thanks." I smiled at him but he didn't return it. 

I pulled out my books and a notebook. I was deciding if I should go get something to eat. "Are you hungry?" He looked at me again, he shook his head. 

He didn't show any emotion, he just sat there staring forward. I pulled out my phone and headphones. "Do you want to listen to some music?" I held out my headphone out to him. 

He hesitated, but slowly nodded. I moved my stuff over, and sat down next to him. I handed him the headphone and he put it in his ear. I picked a random song and it started playing. I started doing some homework. I knew Luke didn't talk so I stayed quiet. Not wanting to make him uncomfortable. 

Out of the corner of my eye I could see Stark making his way over to the table. "Freaks." He said, making sure we both heard it before walking past the table. 

I looked over at Luke and he was looking down at the table. He was playing with his lip piercing. I would be lying if I said I didn't find it hot. He looked up at me and I quickly looked away. I could feel myself blushing, Luke caught me staring at him. I shifted in my seat and got back to work. The rest of the lunch was spent with me doing my work and listening to music with Luke. Luke didn't make an effort to talk and I didn't pressure him. It was nice.

The bell rang, I put my stuff in my bag. When I lifted my head up from my bag Luke was gone. I looked towards the door and I didn't see him in the crowd of people. Well I tried. I don't know why I wanted to get to know him so bad, but I needed a friend and so did he. Besides he was cute. I grabbed my bag and left. I went to my locker, almost getting tripped on the way there because of Stark. Jerk. 

-Luke- 

The bell rang and I got away from the table as fast as possible. I didn't know why Ashton was talking to me, didn't he know talking to me would ruin his life? When Stark and  the others walked by and both called us freaks, I didn't know how Ashton would react. Playing with my lip piercing as I became nervous on what he would do. Would he get up and move away, but he actually stayed. When I looked up at him he was already staring at me. Blushing while he looked away.