special chapter 20.5 : so, tell me your wish

"Mina! Wait! Don't leave, I'm here!" Mingyu shouts from 6 feet away. Mina turned her head, and found Mingyu in front of their room. She ran back to him immediately. "I was just checking the stage out. I knew you wouldn't break your promise." Mina said and smiled. "Sorry I'm...... 30 minutes late...." Mingyu says embarrassingly. "It's fine, we'll talk about that later." Mina replied giddily. "What's that one thing you wanna do before the year ends?" Mina asks him. "This." Mingyu responds, and picks Mina up. He carried her like a big baby. She placed her chin on his shoulders, and wrapped her arms around his neck tightly. He twirled around as he was carrying her. After a few seconds, he put her down. "That's it?" Mina asks. "I wanna save the other things I want to do with you for next year." He replied. "And you?" Mingyu says. "Hm?" Mina asks confusedly. "So, tell me your wish." He says. "Not much. Just you." Mina replied. Mingyu smiled at her. Mina cupped his cheeks and pulled his head. She gave him a peck on his forehead.

"3, 2, 1......."

"Happy New Year!"

Mina pulled him for a kiss on the lips. A long, loving one. They kissed as if it was their last. They kissed as if there was no tomorrow. The fireworks went off, and was heard from the inside of the hallways, where the two were. "Happy New Year." Mingyu pulled away and said that. Mina giggled, and gave him a big tight hug. "Happy New Year to you too." She said, and snuggled deeper into his chest. Mingyu hugged her back, and kissed the top of her head. "사랑해." Mingyu says, and pulls her into another kiss, as the second round of fireworks went off.

"NaJeongMoSaJiDaChaeTzu." Jihyo started a headcount mentally. "Mina." Jihyo blurts out. It was a bit too loud, so other artists around her, heard her too. "Where is Mina." Jihyo asks. The other members started looking around too. "Mingyu isn't here either." Seungcheol tells Jihyo from the back. "They're probably backstage...." Jeongyeon says. "Together...." Jeonghan follows. "Making out...." Chaeyoung says nonchalantly. The other members, and Seventeen members widened their eyes. "Lower your voice." Jihyo whispered and glared at her. Other artists obviously heard what Chaeyoung said, but it's not like it's the first time the two have been caught together backstage, instead of being on stage.

"Happy New Year." Mina greets her members. She arrived on stage 15 minutes late, due to the things she did with Mingyu backstage. "You're late, Happy New Year anyways." Momo says. "You're late too." Minghao says, after Mingyu arrived a few seconds after Mina did. Seventeen was right behind Twice, so they could do a few things freely since they'd be covered sometimes. "Sorry." Mingyu apologizes. Twice formed a group hug, and so did Seventeen. Eventually, other groups hugged each other then. "You have Mina's lipstick on you." Woozi says after noticing the lipstick stain on his lips. They all heard what Woozi said, so they looked at him to be able to tease him. "I was like, Mingyu doesn't wear red lipstick, so why does he have some on his lips. Then I remembered he was with Mina backstage. HAHAHA" Seokmin says. "You kissed her too much, to the point you picked up her lipstick." Wonwoo made fun of him.

The artists were then handed a few glow sticks and headbands for the encore. "Kim Dahyun! Kim Dahyun! Kim Dahyun!" Twice and other artists chanted, when Dahyun was having her own solo concert at the side of the stage. "MingMin Cult Part 2!" Dahyun remembered what happened during Christmas. She pulled Mina, and was trying to take Mingyu too. "WHOOOO WHOOOO WHOOOO." Dahyun partied. Keep in mind, she hasn't drunk anything, yet it seems like she already chugged down 4 bottles of soju. Mingyu was just hiding from embarrassment there beside Dahyun, with one hand raised to the top because Dahyun was raising them. Whilst Mina was already ready to beat the hell out of Dahyun once they get backstage. "MingMin Cult again!" Eunha joined in. And just like that, the second wave of the MingMin Cult started. This time, Mingyu had energy, while Mina wasn't having any of it. She was just standing there in the middle of the circle, with one hand being held by Mingyu. "When is this gonna be over." Mina mumbles and puts on a fake laugh. "YOLO." Mingyu shook her hand, and joined in the fun. Mina just smiled at everyone awkwardly. What a great way to start the year, with MingMin Cult.