special chapter 19.3: dream a little dream

[ The next day, December 6, MAMA D-DAY ]

It is now 10:00 AM, and Twice and Seventeen are already headed to the venue for MAMA. "I'm so not ready." Mina says out of the blue, and starts munching on her chocolate chip cookies. "Did you have breakfast already?" Sana asks her. This time, they used a bigger van, so all 9 of them could fit, and it would be easier to communicate and understand each other. "Nope." Mina replies and continues eating her cookies. "Stop eating sweets early in the morning. You're gonna get a sore throat later on." Sana told her. Mina paused and immediately kept her cookies, scared that she might mess up tonight's performance. "How long is the event again?" Jihyo asks their manager in the front seat. "7 hours the most." He replied. "Mina, you're gonna wear the same outfit for both times?" Their stylist asks her. "What is Gyu doing?" She asked her stylist. "His stylist just messaged me. He said that Mingyu's gonna have 2 different outfits for the red carpet, so he's gonna have one with the group, and one with you." Her stylist explained. "I'll just wear 2 then." Mina decided.

MAMA suggested that they'd both do their own red carpet entrance. One that's separate from their group, since they were gonna have a stage later on. "Yes?" Mina answers her phone timidly, with her head laying back. "Where are you?" Mingyu asks. "Where are we?" Mina asks her members since she was too tired to even think about where they were right now. "The unnies said we're by the Lotte Mall, and we're only 8 minutes away from the venue." Mina replied, and slowly drifted back to sleep, still in the call with Mingyu. "Ok, should we meet backstage in the waiting rooms?" Mingyu asks. No response. "Mina?" He adds. "Minaaaa~." He repeats. "Ha? Huh?" Mina woke back up after hearing him. "What?" She asked. "You were sleeping weren't you? Anyways, let's meet backstage, ok?" He told her. "Ok, sure, but don't come inside our room until 1 PM because I will be sleeping from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM, and then I'll be preparing at 1:00 PM. Understood?" She told him. Mingyu chuckled at her strictness and agreed. "Ok, go back to sleep, sleeping beauty, you only have a few minutes before arriving at the venue." Mingyu told her. "Ok, bye. See you later." Mina replies. "Bye, and, good mornight, sleeping beauty. I'll wake you up with my kiss later." Mingyu messed with her. Mina immediately ended the call after hearing what he said.

Twice has finally arrived at the entrance and are now getting them, and their luggages, full of necessities for tonight, off of the van. "Kyaaaaahhh." Mina got out of the van and stretched her arms after sitting in an uncomfortable position while sleeping in the van for too long. "Mina unnie, let's go." Dahyun pulls Mina to the entrance door for the artists, that lead straight to the waiting rooms in the stadium. "Dibs, that's my sofa." Mina runs to the couch and claims it. "Wait, Mina don't sleep yet. Let's play Rock Paper Scissors, whoever loses first, does hair and makeup first, and whoever wins, gets to do it last." Jihyo told all the members, and they all gathered to the center of the room, to play. "I'll win this." Mina says confidently. Just as Mina said, she won fair and square. In just her first try, she outsold every member. Mina picked out paper, while all the other 8 chose rock. Mina hurriedly ran back to her sofa, and got her blanket and pillow ready. "Wake me up when it's my turn to get ready." Mina reminded them before going back to sleep.

It's now 11:35 AM, and Mina is still in a deep sleep. I mean who wouldn't be if you finished work at 3 AM, and had to wake up at 9 AM. "Wake Mina up, it's almost her turn." Jihyo tells Jeongyeon. "She probably won't." Jeongyeon replied. "Just try to." Jihyo insisted. Jeongyeon stood up and went to the sofa Mina was sleeping on. Jeongyeon pats her once, but Mina wouldn't budge. She shook her body, Mina still wouldn't. "Mina, you're the only one who hasn't gotten their hair and makeup." Jeongyeon tells her. As if on cue, Mingyu suddenly enters their waiting room with Wonwoo. "Hiiiii" Twice greets him. "Hi!" Mingyu and Wonwoo greet back. "Mina's still sleeping." Jihyo says and points to the couch at the back corner of the room. "Wake her up please, she hasn't gotten her hair and makeup yet." Jihyo adds. "Will do." Mingyu responds and heads to where Mina was. "Mina." Mingyu pats her arm. Mina mumbled and faced the other side. "Hey, you're the only one who hasn't prepared yet. Red carpet starts in a few hours." Mingyu nags at her. "Ugh." Mina hides her self inside the blanket. "Do you want me to kiss you just so you'd wake up?" Mingyu offers. Mingyu took her blanket and acted like he was gonna kiss her. "You're so annoying." Mina pushed his face away and sat back up with a frown on her face. Mingyu sat down beside her and kissed her cheek. "Yuck." Momo muttered and stared at them, disgusted. "Mina, your turn." Their stylist calls her. "Wait here for a while." She tells Mingyu.