chapter 14: behind the scenes

-one week later-

"Dahyun, Mina, Chan, and Ryujin, Please gather here." The producer called them to prepare for shooting. "Mina unnie, have you seen him around?" Dahyun asks Mina. Chan also seemingly looked like he was helping look for him too. "We're talking about Mingyu." Mina told the curious looking Ryujin, and placed her arms around her shoulders. "We'll find out once we get out of the curtains." Dahyun replies.

"Their tagline is Leader In Entertainment, I'm guessing it's JYP Entertainment!" Yoo Jaesuk tries to guess which company it is. "That's our cue, go out now." Mina, being the oldest one among them, leads them. As soon as they stepped foot on the center, the whole set went wild, cheers could be heard, and excitement was seen on everyone's faces. "Oh, this team is strong." Kim Jongkook pointed at JYPE's team. After JYPE was introduced, one last entertainment company entered, and finally they got to introduce themselves individually. "Hi, I'm Red Velvet's Yeri, NCT's Mark, EXO's Chanyeol, and I'm SHINee's Taemin." The SM team introduced themselves. "Hi, we're (G) I-DLE's Minnie, Yuqi, CLC's Sorn, and Yeeun." After they introduced themselves, Jeon Somin made a comment. "Oh, you're all girls." She noticed, and CUBE's team just nodded. "Hi, I'm ITZY's Ryujin, Stray Kids' Chan, and we're TWICE Dahyun, and Mina." The 4 said as they pass the mics to each other.

"And lastly..." The host added. "Hi, I'm TXT's Soobin, Gfriend's Eunha, BTS's Jimin, and I'm Seventeen's Mingyu." Right after Mina heard his name, she immediately turned her head to see if it was either legit or she was hallucinating. Guess she wasn't hallucinating. Her gummy smile showed up, but tried to make it not obvious. "Ok, so now that you have introduced yourselves, let's do a quick interview. The interviews were just quick, and it was mostly question and answer. "Mina-ssi, you're the oldest in the team, how do you think will your cooperation work out?" Jaesuk asks Mina this time. "I think we'll cooperate very well, it won't be hard for us to work together, since we've known each other for years already, and we're pretty close." Mina explains. After Mina answered, she doesn't know if it's a coincidence, but Mingyu was the next one being asked. "Which team do you think your team can beat? And which team is the strongest one, in your opinion?" The host asks a crucial question. "I feel like we can beat SM's team, and no doubt, JYP has the strongest team." Mingyu states. Reactions were mixed, but it was just an opinion, so they didn't mind.

After the introduction, the teams head back to their designated rooms to change into clothes more appropriate for playing. "Yes?" Mina answers her phone, while she was getting her hair tied. "You didn't tell me you were a participant." Mingyu sulks. "You didn't tell me you were a contestant either, so it's fair." Mina replied. "Where are you now?" Mingyu asks her through the phone. "Waiting room, I just finished changing, now I'm getting my hair done." Mina answers him. "Ok, let's meet in the hallways after you're done." Mingyu tells her and ends the call. "Was that Mingyu again?" Mina's stylist asks. "Unnie how did you know?" Mina gets shocked, totally not expecting her to know. "Remember that one time Sana brought him into your waiting room? Yeah, after you left, your members told me everything. How dare you hide that for 5 months from me, I'm sad." Her stylist says. "Oh, I'm sorry,I just didn't want to tell a lot of people yet." Mina admits. "Ok, just try not to be so obvious later on, and once you two are actually dating already, tell me." Her stylist gives Mina a useless advice. If only Mina could tell her that they were dating already, she wouldn't feel that bad.

"Dahyun, come with me outside, Mingyu's calling me." Mina calls Dahyun for company, but unfortunately she was still getting her makeup retouched, and had to bring Ryujin instead. "Ryujin!" Mingyu finds Ryujin first. "Mina unnie, Mingyu sunbaenim is there." Ryujin taps Mina, who was talking to Eunha. "Hi!" Mina hugs Mingyu. Mina, Mingyu, and Ryujin just chatted for a while. Some other idols noticed the three, and even saw Mina and Mingyu show affection towards each other, giving them an idea that "oh, Mina from Twice and Mingyu from Seventeen at probably dating". "You're like our daughter. Aigooo, our Ryujin-ie." Mingyu ruffles Ryujin's hair and pats her head. "Let's take a family photo here." Mingyu suggests. After their chat, the three took a photo with their nametags behind their backs. "You better have mercy on me later on in the games, ok?" Mina pleads to Mingyu while he just gives Mina a smirk. Mingyu eventually had to go back to his waiting room because he was already being called. "Ok, we're coming back." Mina ends the call, and went back inside the room with Ryujin.