chapter 12: up & down

(playing the song once is enough as well:3 )

"Looks like the food is ready?" Mingyu's mom interrupts Mina and Mingyu's lovey dovey session episode 97 season 6. "Oh, uhm, yes. Everyone, let's eat." Mingyu calls everyone in the house. They all sat down at the long table. "So, how's your love life." Mingyu choked on the food he was eating, while Mina started coughing after she choked on water. Mina started kicking Mingyu's foot under the table, so he'd have to answer his dad's question. "It's ok, we understand." Mingyu's mom answered for them.

"I'm sorry for that." Mingyu suddenly tells Mina. They had just finished eating breakfast, and are now strolling around the beach, using this time wisely, since they had to leave before lunch due to both their group's schedules. "It's ok. We'll get asked a lot about that later on, we'll get used to it." Mina smiles. "It's so hot in the sand, let's get in the water." Mingyu tells Mina excitedly. "No thanks, I'll just watch you from here. Go on." Mina shoos him away, she didn't feel like playing in the water. "You sure you won't regret it?" Mingyu gives her a second chance to think. "Yes, now go." Mina watches him have fun with his family from afar. "You don't wanna swim?" A voice from behind her asks. "Oh, Mrs. Kim." Mina blurts out. "You dressed up just to walk around? What a waste. Get in the water and have fun, you barely get to take a rest." Mingyu's mom forces Mina. "Oh, no, it's really ok. I normally overdress just to take pictures. Plus, I didn't bring my swimsuit with me." Mina adds. "Hmmm, I barely see you post pictures though, and yeah, you do overdress." Mingyu's mom unintentionally roasts Mina. "A-ah, that's right." Was the only thing Mina could say after being unintentionally attacked like that.

Mingyu's mom: 1
Mina: 0

After Mrs. Kim left, Mina started questioning herself. "Do fans really want me to post that bad?" She talks lowly. "Do I really only post once in a blue moon? She asks again. "Do I really overdress, to the point even other people say it too?" Mina looks up to the sky as if she can find answers there. "Yes, yes, and yes." Someone answered. Mina turns back to see Mingyu out of the water, soakingly wet. "Don't go near me, I don't want my outfit ruined." Mina immediately tells him. Instead of listening, Mingyu went nearer to her, motioning a hug, while Mina started backing away from him, not wanting her dress to be wasted. "Stop following me, I didn't take a photo in this fit yet." Mina reasons out. Mingyu just ignored her, and carried her bridal style. "Mingyu! Ok fine, you can get my outfit ruined, just not my purse, please." Mina raises her bag high up in the air, trying to not get it wet. "Shit-" Mina curses. The two were now in the water, note that the depth they were in was waist level to Mingyu. So Mina was barely hanging on to him already. Mina threw her bag to the sand, far away from the sea and braced herself. Splash.

"Wow, nice one Kim Mingyu." Mina slow claps, and glares at him as he dries her with a towel. "If your family wasn't here, I would have kept pushing your head underwater for a much longer time." Mina comments. "I know you won't." Mingyu says, still drying Mina up. "Why wouldn't I?" Mina asks him. "Because you love me." Mingyu answers. Yeah, it's true, Mina wouldn't push him in longer, and Mingyu was right, she loved him very, very much. "Ok fine, whatever. Just don't do it again, look at what happened to my bag, thanks to you." She raises her purse, full of sand and with a scratch visible since it was white. "But wait, there's more." Mina says excitedly, but in a sarcastic way. "Look at my camera, yay!" Mina pulls out her newly-bought, unused camera that Mingyu got her the other day. Mingyu looked guilty, and so, he promised to get Mina a new camera and 2 purses by next week.

While they were in the car, on the way back to the city, Mina noticed that Mingyu wasn't talking as much as before. It wasn't just quiet, it was unusual. Mina sighed, and looked at him again. "Don't feel guilty anymore, plus I forgive you, and if you didn't throw me in the water, I would have regretted not getting in the water and not having fun." Mina told him, and held his hand. "Really?" Mingyu asks. Mina nods her head in confirmation. They just laughed it off in the end.

"I'm home~" Mina sings as she enters the dorm after being dropped by Mingyu. "Oh, you're here already?" Jihyo asks an obvious question. "Mhm, where's the rest?" Mina asks noticing the dorm was quiet, dark, the TV and lights were off and the only place lit up was the kitchen, where Jihyo was. "Some are out, some are still asleep." Jihyo replies while casually grabbing the paper bag of food Mina brought from Mingyu's side. "Mmmm, this pancake is good." Jihyo says as she munches on the pancake. Mina just laughed at her and informed Jihyo that she'd be in her room. "Oh, Mina, you're also being called to the company with Dahyun, tonight." Jihyo tells Mina, acting like it was nothing, just a normal meeting, but for Mina, it was like she was in trouble, so she was starting to get nervous. After dropping her bags inside her room, Mina immediately barged into Dahyun's room. "Oh my goodness, you scared me." Dahyun was in the middle of putting on her slippers, when all of a sudden Mina went in. "So, why are we being called to the company later? What did we do wrong?" Mina lies down on Dahyun's bed and asks her. "Huh, really? I didn't even know." Dahyun laughs. Mina's eyes went big, now she was even more anxious.