chapter 10: sunsets with you on my chest

(here)

"You're officially mine." Mingyu tells Mina as he wraps his arms around her waist, while Mina had her arms around his neck. Mingyu leaned their foreheads together, and stayed like that for a while. Mingyu raised her chin up, and there they shared their first kiss. Mingyu tightened his arms around her waist, and brought her body closer to his. They pulled away for some air. Mina leaned her head on his side, while Mingyu leaned his head on top of hers. The two stayed like that for a couple of minutes, and waited until the sun had fully set.

"That was beautiful, but you made it even more beautiful than it already was. I love you." Mingyu tells Mina, and kisses her forehead again. Mina smiled at him, and kissed his bottom lip, the only part of his face where she could reach. So Mingyu cupped her face, lowered his height, and gave her a peck on the lips properly. "Thank you." Mina says in between the kiss. "For what?" Mingyu asks curiously. "For the 6 months of friendship, that now turned into our relationship." Mina replies. "Let's head home now. We've got a lot of people to tell." Mingyu says, motioning Mina to hold on to his hand. As they were walking with their hands interlocked, Mingyu snapped a photo of their hands. Mingyu raised their hands up and kissed her hand, "Myoui Mina is mine now!" Mingyu yelled, hoping no one actually heard that or he'd be in big trouble. Mina just laughed at him silently.

"What? You two weren't together for months? S-so you're saying, you just became official like now?" Mingyu's mom asks them confusedly. Mina and Mingyu just laugh at all of them. I mean honestly though, who wouldn't have thought they weren't dating based on their actions and affection towards each other. It wasn't only Yeri, Sowon, Jisoo, Nayeon's mom and sister, and Jihyo's sister who thought they've been dating for years already. Even Mingyu's family thought they've been dating for a while now.

Mingyu's family decided to take a stroll again, so Mina and Mingyu decided to tag along as well. Again, Mina had her hands around his waist, while Mingyu had his hands around her waist as well. From the back, Mingyu's mom took a photo of them. "Mingyu, Mina, let's take a pic here." Mingyu's mom calls them. "3, 2, 1, smile!" Mingyu's cousin took a photo of Mingyu's family, together with Mina. They stopped by at the sea shore, where Mina and Mingyu became official, and where they shared their first kiss.

"When are you planning to tell your parents?" Mingyu asked Mina as they were walking. "As soon as possible. When they aren't that busy anymore." Mina says and goes back to hugging Mingyu. "Let's go home now? Let's have some BBQ." Mingyu's sister calls the two.

Dinner went by pretty quickly, since they were kind of tired already. All of them just finished their food, cleaned up, and immediately went to bed. As for Mina and Mingyu, they still had plans to tell their members. They stayed inside Mina's room, and laid on her bed. "Are you sure today was a good idea to tell them? Can't you wait until we get home?" Mina asks Mingyu. "Please?" Mingyu shows his puppy eyes to Mina, and begs her. "Ok fine, whatever." Mina just gives up, and rolls her eyes. "Twice or Seventeen?" Mingyu tries to choose between the two to tell first. "You know what, let's just call them all together." Mingyu suggests. "Again, whatever, you wanted to tell them today, it's your choice." Mina says looking done, knowing how chaotic it will be already.

"GGTDFHKKHBFXDGHFCTDJJ" if there's a keyboard smash language, it would have sounded like how Twice and Seventeen reacted. "Oh My God! We're getting a new brother-in-law!" Nayeon squeals through the line in excitement. It was a good thing that they just used Joshua and Nayeon's accounts to call. If they all used their own accounts, the audio would have been messed up.

"Ok, bye, see you guys tomorrow" Mina and Mingyu say as they end the video call with their members. "Phew, they're a handful." Mina sighs as she gets herself ready for bed. "No, no, no. Not until you wash up." Mingyu scolds Mina. "Ughh, I'm too lazy to." Mina goes back to fixing her blanket. "Nope, you're coming with me." Mingyu then pulls Mina's blanket off of her, and drags her to the bathroom. "Awww, is Mina a baby?" Mingyu babies the half awake Mina, trying to wash her face with water. After he was finished washing her, he put her back into her bed. "Goodnight." Mina turns her back on him. It hasn't even been 3 minutes, yet Mina was already in a deep sleep. Mingyu caressed her face, and swept the hair blocking her face and tucked it behind her ear. "Goodnight, baby" Mingyu whispers and gives her a peck on the cheek, and leaves her room.