chapter 1: the story begins

On one fine Friday night, Mingyu suddenly planned out a dinner for him, together with his 1997 liner friends. Due to the busy schedule of the other boys, the only ones who could make it were Eunwoo, Jungkook, and Yugyeom.

Mingyu is now currently in the restaurant waiting for his other friends to arrive. As he was waiting, all he did was scroll through his phone. He kept this action for over 15 minutes until someone finally came. It was Eunwoo. Mingyu welcomed him, and made him sit on the other side of the table, and chatted for a while. After a few minutes, it was then Jungkook who arrived with someone they didn't expect would tag along.

Chou Tzuyu. Jungkook brought Tzuyu along with him since they were on a date earlier. More minutes have passed, and eventually, Yugyeom finally came. They ordered their food, after they did that, they chatted and shared talks.

"How are things going with you two?" Mingyu asks Jungkook and Tzuyu, feeling slightly jealous because he's the only single one in his friend group. "We're doing well. By the way, have you ever thought of dating someone?" Tzuyu asks him. Feeling slightly pushed aback, he stuttered. "W-what? Why'd you ask?" Mingyu asks still shocked by Tzuyu's sudden question. "Nothing, I can set you up with someone great I know. She's everything you'd want from a girl. She's perfect from the bottom to the top." Tzuyu says trying to persuade him. "And who is this perfect girl you're talking about?" Mingyu replies looking interested in this girl Tzuyu's talking about.

"Myoui Mina"

Tzuyu says dramatically. This earned laughter from the boys while Mingyu was busy trying to remember who she was. "So, do you want me to set you two up?" Tzuyu asks him. Mingyu thought for a while and took him a while to answer. "Come on man, you can't stay single your whole life." Jungkook forces him. Mina was a good friend to most of his 1997 liner friends, which was why when Tzuyu recommended setting him up with Mina, they couldn't agree more with her idea.

"I'll give it a go" Mingyu finally answers. The rest cheered and applauded him. While the dinner went by, Tzuyu was kind of introducing Mina to him. "This is Myoui Mina, born on March 24, 1997, in San Antonio, Texas. Height? Shorter than you. She's obedient, quiet, cute, caring, and a gamer." Tzuyu looked like she was introducing her bias to her non-kpop fan friends.

She just kept going and going, and finally gave him, her number. "Give it a go later on, she'll love you, I swear." Tzuyu reassured him. This wasn't the first time Tzuyu set two people up though. So when it comes to relationships, the youngest knew best.
After their dinner, they went back home. Mingyu was now in his room contemplating whether to say hi or not. After much thought, he finally decided to try it out.

Kim Mingyu: Hi, this is Seventeen's Mingyu. Tzuyu gave me your phone number:)

After he sent that, he immediately took a pillow, buried his face in it, and screamed. He didn't know whether he was panicking or fanboy-ing, could have been both. A few minutes have passed yet there still hasn't been a reply. Only a seen. He thought that maybe Mina thought that he was a fan and just ignored him. But a few seconds later, she responded.

Myoui Mina: Hi! Yes, Tzuyu had just informed me that she gave you my number hehe.

Mina replied to him. Mingyu didn't know what else to say, but at the same time he didn't want to leave her on seen. He didn't want a bad first impression. So he gathered courage and finally asked her.

Kim Mingyu: Would you like to have coffee together sometime you're free?

After he sent that, he immediately regretted it and started screaming into his pillow once again. He then screenshotted their chat, and sent it to Jungkook. "Hello?" Mingyu answers his sudden call. "Wow, you guys are so dry and awkward" Jungkook says while chuckling. While they were in the call, Jungkook made sure to give him some tips and help him out, since he was a newbie to dating. "Just play it cool man, I gotta go. Don't mess this up." Jungkook says as he ends the call.