special chapter 19.1: dream a little dream

It's been nearly 6 years since Mingyu and Mina's dating news was made public. Up until now, Mina and Mingyu are still going out with each other. You can say, their relationship is really strong. Too strong, that they don't let anyone bother their relationship, and won't let anyone meddle in with their private lives. JYP and PLEDIS can trust these two because they know, that they are matured enough, and can handle situations themselves.

It's finally December! It's that time of the year again. The festive season, celebrations here, and there. And we can never forget, it's also the award show season. Both Twice and Seventeen have been booked and busy. Practicing for year-end events, that's what they're up to lately.

Knock knock. "Mina?" Someone peeks through the door. Yuna ran to the sound system and quickly stopped the music, so the person entering could be heard. "Mina, the team is calling you for an urgent meeting."  A manager comes in the room Twice and Itzy were using for their practice, for their collab stage on MAMA. "Me?" Mina stands up after squatting on the floor. "Go over the choreo again, I'll be back in a while." Mina instructed Chaeryeong, who was also leading the choreography, alongside Momo, Yeji, and herself, the main dancers of JYP. They were given the opportunity to choreograph the whole performance themselves, for the first time. "Ok, come back quickly." Momo told her. "Just let her take her time, it may be something important." Jihyo told Momo. "Anyways, back to where we were." Momo clapped her hands to grab all their attention.

"What is it for?" Mina wipes her sweat, and asks her manager as they were walking towards the elevator. "I don't know either." The manager replied. They entered the elevator, and Mina pressed the button going up to the 6th floor, where the meeting was going to be held at. "Good afternoon." Mina opened the door, and greeted the staff waiting for her inside. "Ah, we're from Mnet." A staff said, and shook hands with Mina. "Take a seat." A division 3 manager instructed Mina.

"So we called for a meeting because we're trying to propose a project for MAMA this year." The Mnet staff said. Mina nodded. "We're giving you a duet collab stage." The staff said. "Mina's eyes widened because she was shocked to hear the word "duet". Reason 1, she's never been in a stage where in she's supposed to be singing because she's always in the dance stages. Reason 2, it's gonna be with someone else. "And the song we're using fits yours and the male's voices really well." He added. "Male?" Mina repeated. "Yes. If you're asking, the song is, Dream by Suzy and Baekhyun." He followed. Mina's face lights up after hearing the song. "Mina, we need to continue the JYP Nation tradition. Suzy, Jihyo, and Nayeon have done it for 3 consecutive years already. So, this time, it's your turn." A staff from JYP persuades Mina. "Out of all female JYP artists, why me though?" Mina wonders. "Because we found a perfect male partner for you." The Mnet staff replied, and smirked. Mina's eyebrows crossed, worried who it might be. "Who do you think?" The Mnet staff asked. "I wouldn't say it's him, but I feel like it's him." Mina addressed her boyfriend as "him". "Who is this "him"?" The Mnet staff plays dumb, so Mina can finally say his name. "You already know." Mina told them. "Aaah, Kim Mingyu-ssi?" He asked. Mina nodded shyly, and held in her reactions. "No." The staff told her. She froze for a second, and blinked for a while. She just stared blankly at the Mnet staff.

"Oh, we're just kidding. Who else would we pick?" The staff told Mina. She smiled so widely. This is going to be their first stage together. "Does he know about this?" Mina asks him. "Yes, we met with him, and his company before coming here. As soon as he heard your name, he already said yes, even without hearing the project yet." The Mnet staff tells her and they all chuckle. The staff explained the details furthermore. "Well, we don't need to hear your answer anymore because for sure you're already gonna say yes to it." The staff knew Mina and her attitude towards Mingyu too well. "Ok, I'll see you soon then?" Mina stands up from her chair and leaves the room with her manager. As soon as she closed the meeting room door, she immediately took out her phone and dialed his number. She was too excited, that she was running around the hallways. "Mina!" The manager called her since the elevator doors were closing and Mina was still jumping around. "OUCH!" Chan yells after Mina hits his back due for excitement. Chan was on the same floor as Mina at the same time, and he was throwing trash in the bin in front of the elevator, and there Mina found her prey. "Go!" Chan shoos her away after seeing the elevator door closing. "Bye." Mina smacks him one more time, and runs away. Mingyu still hasn't answered his phone yet.