Mordred and Merlin

Emerys.

Merlin shot up and looked around widely.

Emerysssssssss.

A body slammed into him followed immediately by a fit of giggles.

"You should have seen your face!" Merlin whirled around frowning and found himself face to face with Mordred.

You better run. A smirk appeared on Merlin's face as Mordred's smile faded. The next second the two boys where running around the castle grounds chasing each other and laughing at some joke the other made.

You run slower than Arthur does. Merlin told Mordred as he caught the druid boy. Mordred laughed causing the people around them to look at them questioningly. Arthur who happened to be at that place with Leon looked at them and said,

"I'll never understand those two." Leon shook his head as Merlin laughed abruptly even though Mordred said nothing.

"Me neither."

- - - - - - - -

"MERLIN!"

I think someone is looking for you.

Merlin roled his eyes at Mordred.

"Looks like someone in in trouble" The knights laughed. All of the knights including Merlin had been messing around in the armory until a certain someone started looking for Merlin.

"MER-" Arthur rounded the corner seeing Merlin and the other knights. He ignored them and carried on. "Do you know where my shirt is?" He said each syllable clearly. Merlin looked around nervously the Knights smiling as the trouble Merlin was in.

"Yes, sire. I put it on the back of the chair in your room." Arthur was wearing only his under shirt and was holding some fabric in has hand.

"Really? Care to explained what this is then" He held up a long blue dress.

I would like to see Arthur wear that. Merlin heard the young druid snickering behind him at his comment.

"I don't think I can wear this to a council meeting." He threw the dress to Merlin who caught it clumsily. "Your father must be so proud of you." He said this in a playful way, in the way someone would say "Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?" But this struck a chord deep in Merlin.

"My fathers dead." His voice was flat, devoid of emotion. This stopped the knights and Arthur dead.

Merlin. The voice was soft but not pitying which Merlin was grateful for.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know." Arthur's answer was stiff and awkward, unsure what to say. He patted the young boy on the back roughly then left mumbling something about the council meeting he had. A series of Sorry mate followed

Do you want to talk about it?

He died in my arms. It was the first time I had met him. It was my fault.

Don't say that.

But it was.

Did you stab him? Or poison him?

No

Did you intend on harming him?

No!

So it wasn't your fault.

Nobody was saying anything wich was getting weird. Merlin looked at Mordred gratefully until Gwaine piped up

"Well I think Arthurs father is going to need another whole in his belt soon." Which instantly lightened the mood.

- - - - - -

Is it safe now?

No

Now?

Wait a sec. Merlin was facing the forest while Mordred looked out, looking out and making sure nobody came snooping around to see what they where doing.

Ok he's gone. Now. A ball of fire erupted from Merlins hands, exploding into golden fireflies before it hit a tree.

I win.

No you didn't! My fire tornado was way cooler than yours! Merlin rolled his eyes but smiled slightly at how proud Mordred was at accomplishing his fire tornado.

Ok one more round. Mordred nodded eagerly and stood thinking hard for a minute before spreading his hands wide. He closed his eyes before muttering a few words. Stars appeared in front of Merlin; swirls of different colours surrounded him making it seem otherworldly. Merlin could have stared at it forever, but the illusion disappeared soon and Mordred's tired, grinning face appeared in front of him again.

"Wow" Merlin breathed. Where did you learn that?

With the druids. He sounded so proud. It had become almost natural to talk to Mordred in this way, finding words spoken aloud unnecessary.

Ok, my go. Merlin closed his eyes and seem to conger up some power as he breathed out some words into the wind. Sparks of bright different colours appeared all around him and flew up into the sky. It seemed to reach the clouds before slowing, then started to fall back down. The sparks fell around them and as they touched the ground they disappeared in a flash of colour and life seemed to flourish in their place. Big colourful flowers where left as Merlin looked cockily at Mordred who was staring open mouthed.

Call it a tie?

Merlin laughed loudly, sure.