Arthur crying?

"He's dead. You're little black haired boy is dead. You shall never see him again." Sneered one of Morganas men at the knights. Gwaine showed no emotion on his face but held the sword up against the man's throat for the last time

"Where. Is. He!" The man ignored this and carried on talking.

"You should have heard his screams and his pathetic pleads for help as Morgana tortured the life out of him slowly and-" But the knights never got to here the end of his sentence as Gwaine decided to run his sword through him at that moment. Arthur was shocked. He couldn't move. Couldn't think. Merlin. Merlin... dead? No. no. nonononono. His knees buckled but Leon caught him before he hit the ground. He saw Leon's grief stricken face and Lancelot's which had tears making their way down it. Gwaine was just in pure rage. In a kind of dream like state he saw him hit a tree with his sword repeatedly until Percival got to him and gently calmed him down. Merlin was gone. And this hit everyone very hard. He was like a brother to the knights and more than that to Arthur. Now who was going to be at his side to give their serious opinion on a serious matter, or to tease Arthur, or to... It was too much.

Arthur can't remember what happened for the next few hours but he suddenly found himself facing a lake. He saw Gwaine and Leon push the boat out into it. It was filled with big, delicate white flowers that seemed to almost glow in the setting sun. Lancelot fired a flaring arm at it, and they all watched in silence as it burned next to the setting sun. Tears where running down all their faces, but none wiped them away, they were too busy grieving for there dead friend.

Everyone was so caught up in their grief that they didn't here the bushes rustle behind them. They didn't see a certain raven hired boy stumble out of them, perfectly unharmed except for a massive green bruise that spread along the left side of his face. Relief flooding his face as he saw that he finally found the knights with the help of his magic. But his expression quickly turned to one of confusion as he saw what going on. What's happened while I was gone. Has someone died? Panic flooded him and he couldn't stop himself from blurting out

"What's going on?" Everyone spun around to face him. When he saw everyone crying, even Arthur, thank god he hadn't died, his panic rose in his chest even further. Everyone stared open mouthed at him, their faces pale as if they had just seen a ghost. "Has- Who died? Is it Lance?!" Still nobody answered him but he saw Lancelot in the corner of his eye so that meant he had not died. "Come on guys, seriously you are scaring me. What happened?"

The first to move was Arthur, he staggered up to Merlin. Then. He pulled him into a massive hug his head nuzzled the crook of Merlin's neck.

"Don't ever, ever do that again." Arthur murmured against Merlin's skin. Merlin tried to pull Arthur back to see his face, but Arthur refused to let go.

"Do what?" But instead of answering, the rest of the knights joined in the hug, all trying to reach Merlin who was in the middle of it all.

"You died mate. We just held your funeral. We thought Morgana killed you." Everyone loosened their grip on Merlin, and he looked up at Gwaine, perplexed.

"Morgana! It would take a lot more than that to kill me. She only managed to get one good blow in." He chuckled, gesturing to the bruise on his face which was now a deep green.

It took a long time until both stories where told. By then it was dark, and they were all sitting around a crackling fire telling funny stories to cheer themselves up after what happened that morning. No one let Merlin go out of sight and Arthur sat right next to him all night, glancing at him a few times just to make sure he was really here. Merlin knew this so made sure to "accidently" bump into him or brush his arm to let him know he was here. That night everyone slept practically on top of one another, all sharing blanket, with Merlin smiling sleepily, in the middle of it all.