The Court Sorcerer Part 4

A/N Hey, sorry I have not updated in so long, I have been trying to get some shit together in life. I am not sure if this will be the final part to the story Court Sorcerer or if you guys would want me to properly finish it so... just say if you want another part. Enjoy the chapter :)

Everything was finally falling to place. Arthur, after many discussions had convinced Uther that Merlin was not dangerous to the outside world (a lot of arguments were involved, and Uther still only half agrees with his son but it's the better than Arthur could have hoped for) and he was still getting lots of visits from princesses from other lands, but he had a chance. One single shot at this. His father didn't care what gender he married as long as it made a good alliance with another kingdom. Father and son both argued their cases in weather it would be wise to form an alliance with a kingdom based on magic and Uther finally concluded that the kingdom with magic could help keep everything under control in Camelot. So yes, Arthur was going to get married in a month. And his aim was to marry Merlin. The only thing was he had no idea if the boy felt the same way as he did. He probably doesn't, He thought. And if he would be willing to rule over the kingdom his father left for him and helping Arthur's with his own. He didn't want to force the boy into anything.

He started talking to his father all the night he took Merlin out to see the circus, the last time they had seen each other. The king was furious to say the least that Arthur had spoken to the sorcerer but with some excuses Arthur made it seem like the guard's fault. It had taken a week for Uther to decide that it would be alright if Arthur where to marry the court sorcerer. So that meant it had been a week since he visited his friend. But it would be fine, wouldn't it?

Arthur walked over calmly to the court sorcerer's door, wondering how he could get Merlin to fall for him before the month was over. He knocked on the door, expecting it to open right away. He knocked again. That was weird. He knocked harder this time, still no answer. He opened the door hurriedly, not caring what Merlin would think, just needing to make sure he was ok.

"Merlin?" He ignored the slight tremble in his voice and how it was so much weaker than he intended it to be. No answer. He practically ran to his bed room only to be filled with fear when he saw no one there. Not even Lance. He walked hurriedly out of the room trying to remain calm and made his way through the whole castle looking for his friend, but only got weird stares from the servants and guards.

- - - - - - - - - - -

"And when was this from?" Gwaine rocked back laughing as he remembered what had happened.

"That" he said, taking the rose from Merlin's hands, "is the first time Arthur told a woman he loved her. She threw it right back at his face not realising he was the prince!" he roared with laughter again.

"I really like your room Gwaine, it's very bright and spacious." He walked around it looking out the windows, seeing a woman carry a basket of clothes away, some men arrive with horses and some people just wondering around. "Are all the rooms here like this?"

"Yes more or less, though I think the princesses room is slightly bigger." Merlin was quiet as he thought back on the conversation he had with Arthur about what his room was like. He was so happy then, and so sure Arthur was happy too. But maybe he had been mistaken, he was probably just acting it so he could get his favour.

Gwaine, noticing the sudden silence from the usually cheerful boy, tried to console him. "Cheer up mate, he probably just had loads of boring meeting and had no time to himself this week. I've haven't seen him a lot this week and the few times I did he looked like he was frowning." He really didn't like to see his new friend upset. He had taken an unusual liking to the boy since they first met.