The Return of Arthur- Part 1

"Merlin!" The young sorcerer sighed and rolled his eyes tiredly before rolling off the sofa and going to look for the blond King. He found him next to the microwave looking at it furiously.

"It refuses to open, would my sword work on it?"

"What?! Nono, look, you just press this button, and the door opens. But careful, the bowl is going to be hot." Merlin watched amused as Arthur pressed the button carefully and the door swung open causing the blond to jump slightly. He got his bowl out and saw on the kitchen counter grinning at Merlin before wolfing down his lunch. The raven haired boy smiled fondly back. This was the happiest he had been for decades, Arthur returned just a few days ago and after exchanging stories and a few tears, everything seemed peaceful. Arthur was unharmed and living with Merlin. He was not dead. He was here. Now. For so long he was alone, he moved away from Camelot before he could see his other friends age and die, and he still felt incredibly guilty about abandoning them. He still blamed himself for everything and if he would be lying if he hadn't already tried to join Arthur in the Lake but Arthur didn't need to know that. He also didn't need to know about his anxiety and the years he couldn't get out of bed. It was all ok now, Arthur was here. Nothing could go wrong.

"Merlin." The young warlock was snapped out of his thoughts.

"Sorry, what?"

"I asked you a question." The young king said impatiently. "Why are your trousers singing?"

Merlin looked at him as if he was crazy until he realized his phone was ringing. He quickly pulled his phone out of his back pocket. It was Jason.

"It was my phone; wait I will explain it now." He pressed the green answer button. "Hello?...Cant it wait?... I'm a bit busy this week, cant Bob do it?.... No...Ok.. yes.. I'll be there in an hour then." HE sighed heavily and rubbed his hands across his face, Arthur looking at him fixedly, for once letting his concern show.

"Merlin? Are you ok?"

"Yes, sorry. I have to go to work for a couple of hours, there is an emergency, and the boss hates me already, so I don't want to risk getting fired." He paused a moment then slowly got something out of the draw. "I'm going to regret this but here. It's a phone, like mine. If you press this and wright a message it will appear on my phone so we can talk like that. It's like sending a letter to someone but it takes less than a second for the people to get your letter." Arthur took the small device and looked at I wearily before Merlin carried speaking in a rush again. "You can also go on the internet here which is like a book that has all the answers to your questions, you just have to write it here." He opened up google. "I don't recommend you look into it too much until I get back and tell you about it in more detail." He was rushing around the living room now as he talked, picking up his coat and keys from the sofa and table. "I'll be back in a few hours, there is food in the fridge. Don't go out!" Then the door shut, and a perplexed looking Arthur was left looking at the empty living room like a lost puppy. He would never admit it, but everything was so much better when Merlin was around, and he found himself smiling so much more when he was with him. He wondered around the kitchen for a while before settling down and deciphering the secrets of the phone.