Ava

"You warm enough?" The small crow let out a soft caw as it snuggled deeper into Merlin's chest. He had found it on the floor with a broken wing in the woods while Arthur had been out hunting. He had picked it up withought thinking and caried it under his shirt the whole way back with no one noticing. Gaius had helped him find a spell to cure broken bones with a disapproving glare and now Merlin was getting ready to serve Arthur his dinner with the crow under his shirt.

He stepped into the busy kitchens, very conscious of the delicate animal on him as he dodged all the bustling people.

"Caw caw!" He must be stressed, he thought. Thankfully, the kitchens where too loud for anyone to hear. He grabbed Arthur's place and stole a bread from Joan's trey.

"Oy! Give that back. Sho! I don't need you're grubby fingers in my kitchen." He dodged her skillfully and continued running on, realising he was going to be late. He ran up the stairs two at a time, juggling the meal in his hands and trying to break the bread into smaller pieces. He skidded to a halt at Arthur's door. Just before he entered he let the bird peck a couple of the small pieces of bread from his hand then barged into the room.

"Do you ever nock?" Came Arthur's exasperated voice from the table. "You're late."

"When am I not?" he layed the food on the table and pored the water into Arthur's cup. Arthur started to eat.

"You are being unusually quiet, are you alright?"

"Umm yes, just thinking." Arthur looked at him weirdly.

"Careful not to hurt yourself." The crow under Merlin's shirt fidgeted and tried to peck through the under shirt, nipping his skin.

"Ow-" He stopped himself but too late. Arthur looked at him concern hidden behind some amusement. The crow pecked him again making him his body twist away automatically, trying to get away from the thing hurting him.

"What are you doing Merlin?" Merlin caried on squirming, trying to get the crow to stop. He tried to stutter an explanation, but Arthur cut him off. "If you want to look like more of a fool, I think my father is looking for a jester."

"Ha, ha very funny." Finally, he had stopped but not before batting his wings everywhere. At least that meant he was recovering well. Arthur looked suspiciously at Merlin's chest then raised his eyebrows and looked back at Merlin.

"What have you got there?" He got up from his chair and started making his way to him.

"Uuuhh, nothing." He backed away stumbling on some clothing that was strewn across the floor and carried on going back until he hit the wall.

"Really?" He walked till he was centimetres away from the raven haired boy. "Lift you're shirt up."

"What?!" Arthur rolled his eyes

"You know what I mean." He reached over and pulled Marlins shirt up revealing the scraggily black crow clinging onto Merlin's under shirt. "Hey, look you found your long lost brother!" Arthur chuckled looking from Merlin's hair to the crow's black feathers.

"I can explain." Arthur looked doubtful. "I found him injured on that hunting trip yesterday and brought him back. I thought Gaius might have a cure for him."

"Is that why it looked like you had a stomach ache the whole way back?" Arthur looked closer at the crow and held out his hands as Merlin picked it up and gave it to him. "You are too soft."

"Look who's talking!" Arthur was petting the small crow gently on the head and smiling fondly at it.

"I guess it has a name?"

"Ava." Arthur handed the bird back to him.

"Well, he looks fine to me."

"Gaius gave her something. I will let her go when I finished serving you." He looked at the small black bird lovingly. He had to admit he had caught strong feelings for this small creature in the few hours they had been together. It might have just been his imagination but after he had cured his bone Ava looked almost thankful and cawed happily.

"Why don't we go together?" Merlin looked at him shocked. He never thought Arthur would volunteer to do such a thing. "Only if you don't mind be tagging along." He said awqwardly when he saw that Merlin hadn't answered.

"No, of course you can come."

- - - - - - - -

Merlin healed Ava one last time in is hands, looking at it for the last time. Arthur coughed sowing his inpatient's.

"Hope you live long little one. Go and enjoy life." He held his arms out showing the bird the green fields and blue sky's that lay before them, but the crow turned around and stared at Merlin. "Arthur, she's looking at me. I can't do this." Arthur put a comforting and on his shoulder.

"He will be very happy here Merlin. There are a lot of crows around this area."

"Yeah but... But what if they bully her." This made Arthur laugh.

"You think too much. She will find a nice group of friends out there. Everyone does. If I have managed to make friends, then so can she." Merlin held his hands out once more.

"You can go." The bird gave him a small love nibble before launching off into the world.

Arthur slung his arm around Merlin as he said, "They grow up so fast."

Merlin turned to him "Am I your friend?" Arthur shuffled embarrassed. He was about to take his arm off Merlin but the raven haired boy slung his arm over the prince. "Don't worry, I won't tell anyone. You are one of my closest friends too." Both boys were grinning secretly as the black bird flew off into the setting sun.

A/N Sorry, that was rubbish. I did'nt have any ideas today but if any of you have any requests please just ask (It helps me get ideas).

Also, I've started two knew books, Spiderman one shots and Sherlock one shots so if that interests you please go and check it out if not carry on enjoying life. Hope you are all well and enjoying your Christmas holidays.

 Look how cute Merlin is here.  I don't know who drew him but whoever you are, wow! you're drawing skills are amazing!