Nightmares

"Ahem" with some effort, Arthur opened his eyes and blinked slowly a couple of times. Something had woken him up from such a deep sleep that he had a moment of disorientation as he looked around the room. He was in his own chambers.

"Ahem" That. That's what had woken him up. He looked over to the door quickly and saw Gwaine standing, arms crossed and eye brows raised with Leon, Lancelot and Percival behind him looking like they were trying not to smirk but not doing a very good job of it. Arthur felt a warmth stir next to him and looked down. He saw the tops of some black, raven hair and slowly everything started to click together. The sun was illuminating the whole room which meant Arthur had overslept and probably missed training so the knights must have come here to wake him up or to make sure everything was ok. His eyes widened as he realised what they must have thought when they saw Merlin in his bed.

"Wait, it's not what you think." Merlin groaned next to him as he cracked his eyes open. When he saw the knights, he would have fallen off the bed if Arthur had not grabbed him quickly to prevent him doing that. Gwaine's eye brows rose even higher making them disappear into his hair.

"Is this what you do whenever you are late for something?" He had a stern face on as if he was a disapproving father. Arthur got out of bed quickly to try and clear things out.

"No, look it's really not what it seems." He saw Leon and Lancelot's eyes flicker down to his bare chest as their smirks grew.

"Really mate? Because the situation seems rather clear."

"I can explain." The knights looked at him expectantly. He looked over at Merlin silently asking for permission to tell them. Merlin was sitting up with the blanket still covering his legs. He was still fully clothed except for his red scarf which must be on the floor somewhere.

"Merlin is in my bed because he had a bad nightmare and couldn't go back to sleep. Really, nothing happened but if you breathe a word of any of this..."

"Right..." Gwaine said slowly, his tone of voice showing clearly he didn't believe him. He stared at Arthur like that for a while before cracking. His smile split into a wide grin and he started laughing madly, doubling over.

"You should see the look on both your faces!" He continued yo laugh with the other nights joining in behind him. Merlin got up and stood next to Arthur. They shared a quick confused glance before turning back to the knights. When Gwaine controlled himself enough he gave one more glance at the pair of them, then turned and headed for the door shouting something over his shoulder.

"Hope to see you in training in half an hour. I'll let you two lover boys get ready." Then he was gone. The others followed, Lancelot throwing Merlin an apologetic smile, but he was still clearly amused. He knew all about Marlin's nightmares and believed Arthur completely, but he still enjoyed it all. Percival was the last to leave, shutting the door behind him. Arthur looked at Merlin and they both burst out laughing.

"They are never going to let us forget this." Arthur said between breaths.

"No, dollop head, of course not." They continued to chuckle as they made their way across the room to get ready for training.