Chapter Four: Finding a New Identity

three years later

"Toast wants you in his office, Reaper." Ludwig knocked on my bedroom door. "Like now."

"Tell him he can wait." I smiled, imagining Toast's face if Lud told him that. He'd be so annoyed; he'd probably stomp down to my room and knock down my door.

I heard him scoff from the other side of the door, "He told me you'd say that, he just said to tell you it's your choice but that this is extremely important."

"Yeah, yeah, fine." I got up from my bed and walked over to my door. "You better be gone by the time I open the door, Lud or I'm going to cut you and your Pokémon cards up."

He laughed, "Always nice talking to you."

You're probably wondering what I'm doing talking to this Ludwig guy, and I think the answer is pretty obvious to all of us. I joined the cartel. I joined it three years ago, and I never looked back. Toast became like a older brother to me, and we'd become very close throughout the years. He helped me evolve as an "artist," hence my code name; Reaper.

three and a half years ago

"Headshot!" Toast cheered as a bang! sounded throughout the room.

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

"Absolutely wonderful!" He clapped, smiling. "See? I knew you were gonna be worth it."

I put my pistol down, also smiling. "With this skill, no one will be able to outrun me." I was feeling prideful, I managed to get all headshots, but not only today- for the past two weeks.

"You're right about that." He said. He walked over to the targets and picked up the empty shell cases off the floor and inspected the bullet holes in the metal targets. "You're practically the Grim Reaper."

We looked at each other for a moment, both having the same thought in our heads. Reaper.

Everyone in the Comfy Cartel had a code name, for example, Toast. Me and Toast had been looking for a code name for myself for a long time, and it had prevented me from going on as many missions as I would've liked. It was unfair really, I didn't know most people's real names in the cartel yet but everybody knew mine. Angelica was my name, sure but I never felt like that was me. It always felt like someone else's name, whereas Reaper felt like me. It felt powerful, meaningful, mysterious. I liked it, and I could tell Toast did too.

"Okay, Reaper, show me what else you got." He handed me another case of bullets. "Live up to your name."

author's note:

sorry for the short chapter! I'm currently watching Quackity's birthday stream and he's about to play outlast after like an hour of thanking subs so I'm going to go do that!

Corpse is coming!!!! IM SO EXCITED TO WRITE INTERACTIONS WITH HIM!!!!

he will be introduced next chapter, see you then! <3