Chapter Seventeen: Valkyrae Pt 1

I gave Corpse the address to the cartel because I couldn't think of another, he had never driven me "home" so he was very confused. Even more considering the fact I had asked him to stay at the location with me then asked him to leave. When we were already about 10 minutes away from the original location, I decided to speak up.

"So...I have a lot to tell you..." I said, breaking the silence. "Some things more shocking than others."

"I guess I'm listening."

I pulled the microphone out of my shirt, "Well first off, I'm wearing a wire."

His hands tightened on the steering wheel and I could practically see his palms turning white from how hard he was gripping it. I was a bit scared to continue, but at the same time I knew he would never hurt me. He was a "dangerous assassin" in the eyes of the government, but in mine he was nothing but an unconventional Robin Hood.

"Does this have anything to do with you holding a gun to my head while I was on the couch?" He asked bluntly, like he already knew the answer.

"I-" I gulped, "What?"

"I wasn't fully asleep, I heard the click of the trigger." He said. I was in shock, why didn't he say anything about it? I just nodded, it wasn't like I could deny it or pretend I didn't hear him. I did that and I'd have to live with the consequences of my actions.

I continued on, "I'm apart of something bigger...you were my target, but I knew I couldn't hurt you since the first day I met you."

"Then why'd you do it?" He asked, eyes still on the road. I wasn't sure if it was because he didn't want to look at me directly in the face or because he was driving.

"My life is also on the line!" I said, holding up the wire in between us. "And many others! People I care about, which by the way, I am completely risking by telling you everything."

He pulled off the highway and stopped the car in a gas station parking lot. I didn't dare speak as he rubbed his temples with his fingers instead, thoughts piled into my head, wondering why he didn't confront me that night. He suddenly slammed his hands onto the steering wheel, causing me to jump.

"Sorry...I didn't mean to scare you." He said, still as caring as ever. "I'm just confused, pissed off, feeling like an idiot." He still didn't look at me in the face, but I saw him glance down at the wire as if it would strangle him if he didn't keep an eye on it. "Please just tell me everything."

So I did. I told him everything; how I met Toast, how he hired me, the deal with the government and then how I got here with him.

He didn't say anything for a while, like if he was processing it all. Then he said, "Man, and I thought I was slick...the FBI is literally on my tail."

"You're not mad at me?" I asked.

"Well, of fucking course I am." He said. "But you're telling me all this with a goddamn wire on you...I guess you mean business."

I chuckled, business? I was doing this for business? If anything, I would not risk my life for business, would I? Or was this something deeper...a feeling? I was going to ask Corpse, but I was interrupted by a sudden bang on the window. Corpse and I were immediately shocked to find a gun pointed at my face through the car window by...

Rae?!

"Get out of the car very slowly." She warned. "Corpse, don't even think of doing anything..."

He held his hands up, getting out the car slowly as I did. I looked over, to see Sykkuno standing by the trunk of the car keeping an eye on Corpse. He caught my eye and quickly looked away. He was back from the trip already?

She put down her gun, putting hand-cuffs on me as Sykkuno did to Corpse. While Corpse was significantly larger than him, he didn't dare put up a fight. Rae and Sykkuno had a reputation on the streets, and regardless if you were in the cartel or not, everybody knew they were not to be messed with.

Once we were in their car, restrained to the car seats, Rae said, "You're stupid."

I heard Sykkuno mutter, "Oh Jesus..."

"Look I-"

"I specifically told you to not get attached!" She raised her voice. "I told you!"

"I know and-"

"You are so lucky I was the only one monitoring your stupid wire, if it was anyone else- both of you would be dead by now."

"Why aren't we dead yet..?" Corpse asked.

I could see Sykkuno's eyes in the mirror, looking directly at Corpse's mask. "Well...you see, it's because of me!" He smiled. "Rae here is bloodthirsty...but I like slow and methodical torture."

Both me and Corpse went pale for the second as he turned the black corvette around the corner, pulling onto the next street. "Jesus, guys I was kidding!"

Rae rolled her eyes, "We've been monitoring your mission obviously, we have background information on Corpse and..." She looked at me through the mirror, "He's never killed anybody he doesn't have to, it's not an easy job, I know.

I know he didn't kill Tommy and Tubbo, I found them myself after I had my suspicions about your report of that night. I know that Blautoise is dead and he had it coming- as he was involved in human trafficking and what not. Corpse, you do the same as us...and I'm too compassionate to hand you over to be injected with some needle...so I guess...we're going to helping you."

Author's note:

heyyyyy soooooo sorry for the short chapter but first off I wanna say thank you SO MUCH for all the votes, comments and reading lists that this story has been added to! Im rly grateful thats super cool! I love reading your comments, I read them all. im glad that ppl are finding this story to be interesting bc its a bit scuffed sorry :(

I wanna say that I dont know when I will update again because I have a huge research paper due soon and on top of that, I have to read a novel and do work for that + other classes...god, and I want to be an English major in college uh :,) im struggling LOL

ill probs update in like a month or so, so pls stick w me. im sorry my schedule is shit :,)

I have a lot planned still for this story! and some cameos planned too of other streamers :o so yeahhh hope ur excited for that. okkkkkk byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee