Chapter Five: A New Target

back to the present day

I knocked on Toast's office door, then realizing it was open, I walked in. He was sitting on his huge chair, waiting for me.

"Jeremy!" I sat down in the chair right in front of his desk. I slouched back; that was my favorite thing about Jeremy's office. His chairs were super comfy and....yes, Toast's real name was Jeremy. Not many people knew, but me and him had grown close over the years and he had really begun to trust me with mostly everything. However, when it came to a mission, he always tended to be cautious about me. His excuse was although I was the best sniper in the cartel, I was too impulsive and he didn't want to risk getting caught if I took the shot at the wrong time. I always thought that was bullshit, I was impulsive I suppose- but, I'd never be stupid enough to get ourselves caught.

"Angelica." He said, seriously. I knew something was up immediately. Sure, every time he calls me in his office, it's for something serious but he never says Angelica, he usually calls me Reaper or Jelly...

"What's wrong?" I asked instinctively.

"Well..." He started, "I had a run-in with the FBI."

I sat up, on the edge of my seat. "Sorry, what?"

"You heard me." He said, "And...I trust you enough to help me out of this." I could tell he was being sincere and honest, he needed me.

"I'll help you with whatever, Jeremy." I looked at him in the eyes, so he'd know I was being honest as well. "And not just because of my own benefit, it's because I love you and this cartel is my home, I can't imagine losing it or you."

He smiled, but then cleared his throat. "You're the cartel's only chance, you see, the FBI cut a deal with me."

"What was it?" I asked. "How'd you even get caught?"

"They'd be on my trail for a while, I guess someone ratted me out? I'm not sure." He looked pale. "But, surprisingly, they congratulated me on making their job easier and getting rid of criminals and struck a deal with me."

He continued, "You see, we've gotten rid of plenty of people not even the FBI could find and so for that they are very grateful. They told me in exchange for letting me go and letting the cartel stay, we'd need to find an assassin they haven't been able to locate and when we do, we have to turn him into the government so he can be executed for his crimes."

"And who's that? How do we find this guy?"

Toast pulled out a file from his desk drawer and propped it open. There were security camera pictures of a man in a black hoodie inside. I squinted, trying to see if my eyes were playing tricks on me, was that-

"A bunny mask?" I asked Toast. "The Donnie Darko mask?"

"Yeah." He assured me, "He wears a Frank mask in order to hide his identity. Scarra located him about three days ago, he's around LA."

I picked up the photos, I could see black curls hidden behind the bunny mask ears. I couldn't see the side of his face that wasn't covered by the half-mask because of the low security camera quality. "And?" I asked.

"Well, I'll transfer you to the LA part of the cartel and you'll follow him, gain his trust, then you'll call me when you're ready, that's when I turn him over to the FBI. If you need to kill him though, do it. As long as we turn him in." He took the photos back from me. "You'll be staying with some of the best in the cartel, and my most-trusted friends; Sykkuno and Valkyrae....and obviously many more. The question is do you accept the offer?"

"Of course I accept!" I said. "I'll catch that fucker, I meant it when I said it, Toast. I'd do anything for you and the cartel, I don't care about anything else."

"Good." He smiled. "You leave for LA in 2 days, so say your goodbyes and of course, pack your suitcases."

"Will do." I said, getting up. I was going to go pack immediately then practice my shots when everyone went back to their rooms, I needed to make sure I was ready. "By the way...What's this bunny guy's name?"

"I don't know his real name." Toast said. "He goes by Corpse Husband."

Corpse Husband? What a weird fucking name.

authors note:

YAYYYY corpse yayayayayyayayayayay anyway yes I am watching quackity's among us stream rn and ugh Larray and Addison rae are the literal worst but I love everyone else playing <3