Chapter Six: Welcome Home

As soon as I started getting off the escalator, I saw someone out of the corner of my eye holding a sign that read 'Welcome Home Angelica!' He was looking at everybody, obviously not knowing who they were looking for. He had black glasses and he looked friendly.

I walked up to him, smiling. He looked confused at first, but then realized I was the Angelica he'd been looking for.

"So you must be the new transfer!" he said, taking my luggage like a gentleman.

"Yup, that's me." I replied. "Who're you?"

"My apologies, I'm Abe!" He introduced himself, walking side by side me. "I was sent by Rae to come get you."

"Rae?" I asked.

He looked around, just to make sure nobody was in view. He whispered, "Valkyrae."

"Ah, I've heard many things about her."

"All from Toast, I presume. They're very close, you know?" Abe said, loading my luggage into the parking garage elevator. "Her reputation as a ruthless killer proceeds her, yet she's one of the sweetest souls I know."

"I'll have to see about that, I'm excited to meet her and that Sykkuno guy."

"Oh, yes! Sykkuno!" Abe exclaimed. "He'll be delighted to meet you as well. I'm sure he's waiting patiently."

Abe was right, when we pulled up to the base; Sykkuno and Rae were waiting at the front doors, talking. I could see why they were so popular in the cartel. Rae, well, she was beautiful- her hair was long and full and she stood proud, confident, yet still humble. Sykkuno was adorable. I could tell by how he covered his smile when Rae made him laugh, he was a very reserved person. He was attractive as well, and I could tell right away he cared deeply for Rae.

We got out of the car and almost immediately, Rae snapped her fingers which triggered two body guards to come out of the shadows and grab my suitcases from the trunk. She greeted me, as Sykkuno greeted Abe and offered to help the guards.

"Hi!" She beamed, "Welcome to the LA unit of The Comfy Cartel!" Before I even got a chance to say anything, she hugged me tight. Like if I was an old friend.

"Thank you." I smiled at her, and it was genuine. I could tell we were going to get along great.

"Hello, Angelica." Sykkuno walked up to where Rae and I were. He smiled small and spoke softly. "We're glad to have you here."

"Thank you, I'm happy to be here."

Sykkuno motioned toward the front doors and Rae and I followed after him. "We both knew Toast made the right choice when he left this mission to you."

He looked at Rae then me, "I'll let you go now." He said. "Rae will show you to your new dorm, it was very nice to meet you."

Rae walked me to my dorm, then stayed to help me unpack. We talked for a while and it felt almost like a sleepover than work. But, it was getting late and she decided to go to her room. It felt nice to have a friend here, someone I could talk to so easily.

The next day, I met with Scarra, Rae and Sykkuno in the meeting room. We were going to go over the details for my mission tomorrow- when I would finally meet Corpse Husband.