Chapter Nine: Robin Hood Complex

As we followed after the boys, Corpse was deadly silent. I was panicking, I wasn't sure how to save Tommy in this situation without exposing myself as the double agent I was hired to be. Saving him wasn't the focus of my mission, it was a more of a "If you can" type of thing, but I'd feel real guilty just letting him die. Like Corpse, I didn't want to kill anymore than I had to if there was a choice and from the looks of it, it didn't seem like there'd be a choice here.

We followed them to a hallway, but when we turned the corner, they had disappeared. Corpse looked visibly confused and just when he was about to turn around to go back to the main floor, we both heard a British accent say "Who are you and why were you following us, you weirdos!"

We turned around to Tommy and Tubbo each pointing a nerf gun at us. I giggled at the sight, two teenage boys holding toy guns to me and Corpse. They looked absolutely ridiculous.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" Tommy asked. "Why are you following us!"

"I'm going to call the police!" Tubbo tried to mask his smile, but he couldn't- he wasn't really taking the situation seriously just like me.

Corpse sighed, putting his hands up. Playing along as if they were a threat. "You got us."

Tommy wheezed, "Oh my god! This dude's voice is so deep, what the hell?"

I interrupted, "Look, we weren't following you, we were just looking for-"

"They were going to go do the deed, Tommy!" Tubbo laughed.

I shook my head, "No, no, no, we weren't." I looked at Corpse and he was giggling a bit.

We stood there as Tubbo and Tommy laughed about whatever stuff they were telepathically communicating to each other with nerf guns still in their hands when suddenly, an old lady walked into the hallway we were all in and immediately looked confused to what was going on.

"Hey, get out of here, you old hag!" Tommy pushed her away, giggling at his insult.

"Look, I'll confess we were following you." Corpse said. "We need to talk, let's go to a more private area where we won't be interrupted?"

Oh, fuck. I thought. This was it, this was where Corpse would murder Tommy...probably leave Tubbo to me, complete his job, and I'll never see him again unless I blow my cover.

"Oh yeah, yeah, sure." Tommy said, putting his nerf gun to Corpse's back. "It was pretty obvious you were following us, I was just waiting for you to admit it! And what's better than creating unnecessary sexual tension between the two of you!"

"Huh-"

"Nevermind that then!" He said. "Off to Tubbo's room we go."

Tommy and Tubbo walked behind us to make sure we wouldn't run off and held their nerf guns to our backs, informing us they were smarter than they looked and there were cow tranquilizers in the guns. As we walked down the hall to Tubbo's room, they told us this was his house and his parents hosted charity galas here every once a year. I thought it was quite funny how we could potentially be (and would be) their killers, and yet here they were, telling us everything about themselves. These boys were quite the open-books.

After what seemed like ages of them talking our ears off, we made it to Tubbo's room and they shut the door behind them.

"I have a phone!" Tommy pulled his phone out of his pocket and waved the nerf gun in the air. "Don't try anything."

Tubbo sat on the bed and Tommy stood by the bedroom door, waiting for us to explain. I didn't know how to talk our way out of this so I waited for Corpse to speak. Also because it seemed he had a plan.