Chapter Ten: Check-up

I felt guilty doing so, but I'd given the note to Sykkuno. He read it then congratulated me on earning Corpse's trust. He walked with me to Scarra's office, talking about how he also enjoyed Boba Tea but recently had been drinking americanos. Ameri-can-os he pronounced it.

Scarra was sitting at his desk, he looked serious. I sat in the chair in front of his desk, while Rae and Sykkuno stood to the side. 

"How did it go last night?" Scarra asked. "We need every detail."

I made up some bullshit story that I did tell Corpse I was a lone wolf assassin and I revealed we both had a hit on Tommy but if he let me kill Tommy, I'd give him a larger sum of money then what he client offered and blah blah blah. Everything was going well until Scarra said, "I got a call from that 'client' the first night of your mission that Corpse cancelled the hit, this just doesn't make any sense to me why he'd go back to kill him..."

I felt my heart sink, "Oh, well maybe he just ripped me off and wasn't actually going to kill him after all, I'm not sure...either way Tommy is dead."

Scarra seemed skeptical but blew off his suspicions after Rae said it made sense. 

"How much did you give him?" Rae asked me.

"I gave him about 50k from Tommy's account." I answered, "I got into his bank account afterwards...he had it bookmarked on his laptop."

"Alright, I guess we should do weekly check-ups." Rae suggested, "We'll just check in with you every week to see how's it going, good?"

"Yeah sounds good." I said. As I was going to walk out of the room, Rae pulled me to the side, "Listen, I just want to remind you the cartel rests in your hands....you can't fuck this up."

I gulped, "No, yeah, I can do this." 

"Good, because I won't hesitate to do it myself." She let go of my arm. "I'm sorry if I'm coming off rude, but these are my friends, Toast is my friend and I wouldn't want any of us to go to jail because you get attached or something."

"I won't." I said. 

It hadn't really crossed my mind lately how much I'm risking by lying. I had a feeling Scarra knew something was up with my story, maybe Rae did too and just blew it off for me? I wasn't sure. I hoped and hoped that Tommy and Tubbo stayed in hiding or at least that nobody connected to the cartel would know they're alive. 

I wasn't looking where I was going and bumped into somebody causing all their papers to go flying in the air. 

"Oh my gosh!" I tried to help them pick up their work, "I wasn't paying attention, again I'm really sorry."

"It's fine." The person got up and as they did, I noticed who it was.

"Oh hey!" I smiled, "You're Micheal right? One of the hackers here?"

Micheal nodded. "The best one, Scarra only got that position because him and Toast were basically the founders of this place...but yes, it's me."

"I was wondering when I'd meet you!" I said, "Are you busy right now?"

"Why?"

"I need help locating somebody....and I don't want to ask Scarra." I had a feeling Scarra would grill me for more answers to the previous two nights, so I figured it was safer to stick with Micheal.

"That only takes 5 minutes, sure, I can do it real quick." He pushed his glasses up, "Follow me."

I followed him to his room, sitting on the bed was a girl wearing a pink hoodie. She introduced herself to me as Lily and I immediately came to the conclusion this was Micheal's girlfriend. 

"Oh, I'm sorry I hope I'm not interrupting anything." I said. 

"No, you're okay!" Lily beamed. "We were just going to draw together, hence the papers Micheal brought."

Micheal set the papers down on his desk and opened his computer up. 

"So, Who're you looking for?"

"Corpse Husband." I said, "I know it's hard to track him so it's okay if-"

"Even easier!" Micheal spun around on his chair to face me and Lily on the bed. "Scarra has been telling me to keep track of his transactions on his fake bank account he has registered under Randall, it was actually pretty easy to find it- I just hacked into all the banks in the LA area and searched for accounts classified as non-residental and were under the high salary category, since you know he makes a lot of money as a-"

"Okay Micheal!" Lily stopped him before he explained the entire process.

"Right, right...sorry." He spun back around and after a few minutes, he found what he was looking for. "Okay so! He recently withdrew 6k, I'm guessing as a hold until he kills his target...anyway, the last person to put 6k in their account was somebody under the name of Cr1tikal and the real owner of that account is named Charlie who recently put out word on the streets he was hiring a hitman for somebody called Blaustoise??"

"When is the hit due?" I asked.

"In two days."

"Great!" I got up from the bed. "Now I just need to actually find him."

"I'll research Blautoise for you and find his regular spots." Micheal said, "Just give me till tomorrow morning."

"Thanks!!" I said goodbye to him and Lily and prepared myself to see Corpse again soon. 

Author's note 🤍

heyyy sorry this chapter sucked LOL this is a bit of a filler if you couldn't tell 

umm im literally watching moistcr1tikal rn which is why he was in this chapter LOLLLLLL 

ummm idk what to say

ok byeee