Chapter Eleven: The Offer

Micheal told me Corpse's location the very next day, he was at a boba tea café...strangely enough. It reminded me of the note he had given me where he said I could find him at a boba tea place. I wondered if he was there on purpose, like if I would just walk through the door.  Which I was. 

I was getting ready to leave to go meet Corpse at the café "by accident," when I ran into Sykkuno among others all in front of the cartel doors. 

"What's going on?" I asked. "Some kind of intervention?"

"We're going on a trip!" Sykkuno said, motioning towards Abe who was putting suitcases in the back of the limo. "Business trip, actually." 

"Really?" 

"Yes...unfortunately business calls." He said as Rae called him to the car. 

"When will you be back?" I asked. 

"Rae will be back in about a week, I believe that me and Scarra will be gone longer." He hugged me goodbye. "In the meanwhile, Poki will be the supervisor of all missions." 

"I need to go right now, but I'll make sure to meet with her later." I smiled. "Have a nice trip."

"See you later, Angelica!" 

❀ 

When I got to the café, Corpse was sitting with Charlie in the back booth. He saw me, as he was sitting in the booth against the wall, and I could tell he smiled although his mouth was covered by his mask because of the wrinkles under his exposed eye. He waved me over, but I just smiled at him back and made my way to the counter to order myself some boba. 

After I received my order, I walked over and said hello. 

"I see you read my note." He said, motioning me to sit down next to him. "This is Charlie."

I nodded, implying I did read his note. "Hi, Charlie."

"This is Reaper, you know the girl I was telling you about?" Corpse said. I furrowed my eyebrow, curious as to what he meant. 

Charlie looked at me and said, "Ah, yes, yes Reaper."

"I'm lost, could you elaborate?" I asked the two of them. 

"Well, I need a hitman- or woman, I don't care, women can do just as much as men can, you know, maybe even better." Charlie said quietly, so nobody in the café could hear our conversation. "Corpse here, recommended me to you, said you might need the money. That I can definitely provide." 

This was definitely something I could do, Toast was paying me a lot for this mission already but it wouldn't hurt getting extra side money. Not only that but it gets me closer to Corpse. 

"Yeah, if you'll give me the offer, I will definitely do it." I said. Charlie nodded and put his hand out for me to shake, but just as I was about to, I took my hand back. "Wait...I'm still fairly new at this, could Corpse come with?"

"Of course he can, I don't really care." Charlie said, "Just get it done."

I shook his hand, and acting clueless, I asked who the hit was on. 

"Blautouise." He pulled out his phone and showed me a picture of him. "Corpse knows him, he can help you."

I looked at Corpse for reassurance, and he was already looking at me. I could tell by the look in his eyes that he was saying 'we got this.' 

"When do you need it done by?" I asked. 

"Tomorrow." He said, "So better get it done tonight."

I stood up from the booth, drinking the last sip of my boba tea. "Then we better get going." Corpse stood up as well, shaking Charlie's hand goodbye as I was practically already out the door.