Chapter 13

We were getting into the car and Jasmin began to drive. She needed to get gas. She would have done it in the morning, but she has an early day tomorrow. Jasmin apparently doesn't have time to stop there. Which I highly doubt, but whatever.

We arrived at the gas station. I looked around.

"I never realized there was a gas station near the beach," I said.

She looked at me in shock.

"Wait, you've been to the beach near here?" She asked.

"Yes, is there a problem?" I questioned raising an eyebrow annoyed.

"No," responded Jasmin as she got out of the car.

"Stay in the car, while I pump up gas," demanded Jasmin.

I nodded as she grabbed the pump. Gas began to fill up the car.

I waited and waited. It was pretty late at night and I was getting tired. However, I didn't want to fall asleep in Jamin's car.

"I finished, but I am going to run inside of the store," She said smiling as she walked to the store owned by the station.

Seconds after she walked in, a man dressed in all black started to walk towards the direction of the car.

At first, I thought, maybe he was walking towards his car.

However, I realized he was walking towards Jamin's car. I observed the area to see if Jasmin got out of the store yet.

She wasn't out yet. I was a little worried especially because it was late at night.

He approached the car and smiled creepily at me as he banged on the window.

"Get out!" He yelled.

"No," I said crossing my arms.

Somehow, he ended out opening the car door. He forcibly pulled me out of the car.

"What is your problem?!" I asked shouting.

He dug into his back pocket. I gasped in horror.

He had taken out a black handgun. The man grabbed me and pushed me onto the ground.

No one else was around. I had no one to save me.

He pointed the gun to my stomach.

Without thinking I screamed hoping someone would come outside and save me.

Without heistanting, he shot me in the stomach. Not only in the stomach but also he shot me in my right leg twice.

He looked into my pocket to see if I had any keys. When he couldn't find any. He fled the scene. Leaving me in cold blood alone.

I couldn't move. I couldn't speak. My eyes slowly began to close. I heard Jasmin scream as she walked towards my body. It began to rain. The wind picked up.

"Naomi, Naomi!" She shouted worried and panicked as she touched my body.

I saw my life flashing before my eyes. I began to regret some past choices, but also I felt angry.

Angry that someone could just shoot someone without feeling any emotion or sorrow.

I knew I was going to die tonight and there was nothing I could do about it. I felt light-headed.

My eyes were closed, but I was seeing some sort of light closing towards me.

But then, my heartbeat began to get slower and slower. Until I was dead.